Star Princess or Celebrity Solstice to Alaska?

matwood

I'm looking into a first Alaska cruise with my wife and 8 year old son this summer and trying to decide between the Star and the Solstice. Itinerary is similar on each (7 day our of Seattle). Am a long time Princess fan but intrigued with the Solstice-class ships. Would love to hear your comments!

I think the Soltice class on Celebrity beats Princess all the way around....but especially the Star. I have sailed on the Star twice and disappointed with the food and entertainment....plus the cabins on Celebrity are much nicer. Princess does do a job on some ships, the Star just isn't one of them.

I think the Soltice class on Celebrity beats Princess all the way around....but especially the Star. I have sailed on the Star twice and disappointed with the food and entertainment....plus the cabins on Celebrity are much nicer. Princess does do a job on some ships, the Star just isn't one of them.

Problem is that the Solstice has one of the weakest itineraries in Alaska for this summer.

Though the Solstice class is probably nicer than the Star, Alaska is about the itinerary, so I'd go with the Star. My husband and I sailed her in 2007 and enjoyed the ship a lot. You must visit Glacier Bay, and Princess is one of the few cruise lines to be able to maintain the privilege of transiting it. Enjoy!

I'm looking into a first Alaska cruise with my wife and 8 year old son this summer and trying to decide between the Star and the Solstice. Itinerary is similar on each (7 day our of Seattle). Am a long time Princess fan but intrigued with the Solstice-class ships. Would love to hear your comments!

...perhaps it may be a good idea to simply give the Solstice a try. We sailed on the Star (Hawaii) and the Solstice (Caribbean) and if its just comparing each ship...Solstice hands down. There is a "brunch" that is served on the Solstice that is probably one of the best we've ever seen...truly decadent. Note: We love both Princess and Celebrity.

Archived