RC from Galveston... fall of 2014

Usually RCI repositions its ship in Galveston after a Transatlantic. These generally sail from Europe in mid to late November, so by the time they get to Galveston, you are closer to winter than Fall. At least that's been my experience.

I know their regular schedule for Galveston. Let me re-phrase my question...Does anyone know if the Navigator will come back to Galveston from her European cruises or will RC put a different ship in Galveston for the 2014-2015 winter season? :)

I know their regular schedule for Galveston. Let me re-phrase my question...Does anyone know if the Navigator will come back to Galveston from her European cruises or will RC put a different ship in Galveston for the 2014-2015 winter season? :)

They should!

That I do not know.

I know that this year they moved Navigator to New Orleans and Mariner is sailing from Galveston. I'm sailing on Mariner from Galveston in less than two weeks.

Edited by Kellie Poodle

You expect people from here to know the answer when RCCL has not posted schedules past April 2014. Call RCCL.

About a year ago I decided I wanted to go on the Baltic and northern transatlantic B2B that was being done on Jewel. I watched and watched the web site for the cruises to come up. Nothing happened.

A couple of months later I loaded an app on my phone and was checking for the cruises constantly. Nothing happened.

I called Crown & Anchor several times. They didn't know.

I called RCI several times. They didn't know and wouldn't know until the itinerary was released to the public.

I called several of the warehouse online TAs. They didn't know either.

Scuttlebutt on Cruise Critic reported that the Brilliance might be substituted for the Jewel in 2013.

Bottom line: No one can tell you until the itinerary is announced. RCI reps didn't have it in advance of anyone else.

There was an enormous thread running on CC with everyone questioning when the itinerary would be released. No one knew.

(The CC scuttlebutt about the Brilliance was correct.)

I would be surprised if we did not have another Voyager class ship or higher in Galveston for late 2014 to early 2015. We could always hope for a Freedom class, like the Liberty of the Seas.

I would not care for a Freedom class ship at all. I'd love a Radiance class ship, however.

I do miss Rhapsody.

I would be surprised if we did not have another Voyager class ship or higher in Galveston for late 2014 to early 2015. We could always hope for a Freedom class, like the Liberty of the Seas.

The port facilities are completely inadequate to handle the Mariner's passenger load and you want a bigger ship?

You want 3 hour embarkation/debarkations because 2 hours isn't enough?

Amazing.

Just something the next cruise guy (who was VERY cute) told us.....

The Navigator will be in Galveston next year. The transatlantic usually departs to Europe (or Asia or wherever) in late April. From what this guy told us, the Navigator is not scheduled to leave then - - - maybe, maybe, maybe a ship year-round in Galveston??? He said the Texas market is amazing with ships always sailing full.....

All we can do is hope!!

Barb

Just something the next cruise guy (who was VERY cute) told us.....

The Navigator will be in Galveston next year. The transatlantic usually departs to Europe (or Asia or wherever) in late April. From what this guy told us, the Navigator is not scheduled to leave then - - - maybe, maybe, maybe a ship year-round in Galveston??? He said the Texas market is amazing with ships always sailing full.....

All we can do is hope!!

Barb

I'd love a full time ship at Galveston, but I want new, more interesting itineraries. A smaller ship and a longer sailing would be able to make some more interesting islands.

A year-round ship going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth or Roatan, Belize and, again, Cozumel, is just too boring to entice me. I love being able to cruise from Galveston, but I want some new ports, please.

I'd love a full time ship at Galveston, but I want new, more interesting itineraries. A smaller ship and a longer sailing would be able to make some more interesting islands.

A year-round ship going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth or Roatan, Belize and, again, Cozumel, is just too boring to entice me. I love being able to cruise from Galveston, but I want some new ports, please.

I'd like to see them bring back Key West as a port call out of Galveston as one of the options like they did when Rhapsody was around. I recall Aquahound mentioning there was a trial run awhile back with a Voyager class ship sailing into KW, supposedly to see if the channel/dock could handle the ship and it seemed to do fine. That would be a great option. I wonder if Labadee would also be an option then? KW, Labadee, and Jamaica would seem to be decent to me (or substitute Jamaica for Grand Cayman--I just hate tendering any more).

The port facilities are completely inadequate to handle the Mariner's passenger load and you want a bigger ship?

You want 3 hour embarkation/debarkations because 2 hours isn't enough?

Amazing.

Then how come we are off the ship and home within 30 minutes?

Waiting is all part of traveling if everyone wants off at the same time; same thing with boarding. We either self-disembark and are off right away or wait until 9:30 or so and walk right out.

Those embarking start lining up at 9am:confused: Why? Cabins don't open up until 1pm or later.

This is not indicitive of only Galveston, but ports everywhere when 3,000 people, each going in a different direction want to be first:)

Then how come we are off the ship and home within 30 minutes?

Waiting is all part of traveling if everyone wants off at the same time; same thing with boarding. We either self-disembark and are off right away or wait until 9:30 or so and walk right out.

Those embarking start lining up at 9am:confused: Why? Cabins don't open up until 1pm or later.

This is not indicitive of only Galveston, but ports everywhere when 3,000 people, each going in a different direction want to be first:)

Obviously you self debark if you are off & home in 30 minutes. One of the main bottlenecks in Galveston is that 1/3 of the ship rushes to the gangway because they are parked across the street. Those that are trying to catch flights get caught way back in the backlog.

I'm glad you were off & home in 30 minutes. We were 2 1/2 hours to debark & clear the terminal with #1 departure tags.

I'll stand by my statement that the port facility is inadequate to handle the ship it has let along anything bigger.

I'll not cruise in or out of there again.