Virgin America luggage valet at FLL?

matwood

Will be cruising out of Port Everglades in March and wondering if Virgin America is one of the airlines that offers luggage valet to FLL?
Luggage Valet will pick up your luggage at home and deliver it to the ship via DHL for a minimum of $90/bag and is unrelated to whatever airline you are flying. It's a luggage shipping service.

For more information, go to http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp and scroll down to Luggage Valet.

Pam, I participated in the valet luggage program on the Ruby 2 years ago on Jet Blue, as it was airline-specific based on the form we filled out on the ship before returning to Port Everglades. I had heard Virgin wasn't an option last year and wanted to see if that has since changed. It's the service where Princess will check your bags on the last night of the cruise and don't see them again until you reach your final destination.

Pam, I participated in the valet luggage program on the Ruby 2 years ago on Jet Blue, as it was airline-specific based on the form we filled out on the ship before returning to Port Everglades. I had heard Virgin wasn't an option last year and wanted to see if that has since changed. It's the service where Princess will check your bags on the last night of the cruise and don't see them again until you reach your final destination.
Ahhh... two completely different services. You're referring to EZ Check which is primarily a passenger check-in service whereby luggage tags are printed and you put them on your luggage and pick them up at your final destination. I don't know if Virgin Atlantic participates or not. I'll see what I can find out as I know I have the information somewhere.

What you are referring to is EZ Check, the post-cruise luggage service. Luggage Valet is the pre-cruise service as described by Pam above.

There are innumerable recent threads about EZ Check, but as the seach function is on the fritz I will be glad to relay the particpating airlines (always subject to change without notice):

American/American Eagle FLL and MIA

Air Tran FLL and MIA

Continental FLL and MIA

Delta FLL and MIA

JetBlue FLL

Southwest FLL

United FLL and MIA

US Air FLL only

Available for domestic flights departing the same day as disembarkation after 11:30 from FLL and 2:00 from MIA.

Does not appear Virgin Atlantic is a participant.

Archived