Dawn vs Jewel why price difference?

Laszlo

Just wondering what would be the reason for a $400 price difference (same cabin) between the Jewel out of NO in November 2013 and the Dawn from Tampa in November 2013? Both ships are doing the same itinerary. We booked the Dawn not only for the price of the cruise its also much less (for us from Philadelphia) to fly direct to Tampa.

Nots that its all that important, I was just wondering why

Im sure it has to do with supply and demand. The Jewel must have more cabins sold. Also the Jewel and the Dawn are not the same class. The Jewel is a jewel class ship while the Dawn is not. The Dawn was built in 2002 while the Jewel was built in 2005

Also the Jewel and the Dawn are not the same class. The Jewel is in the jewel class ships while the Dawn is not. The Dawn was built in 2002 while the Jewel was built in 2005

I stand corrected

Yes as posted the Jewel is a newer ship , more amenities, more in demand and therefore more expensive! Just like the new Breakaway, doing the same itinerary as the Jewel is, is much more expensive then the Jewel. That being said the Dawn is a great ship as well!

It actually has more to do with the Departure port than anything.

New Orleans is always more expensive to sail from than Tampa. You can do that comparison with the Star and Dawn right now, and they are sister ships.

New Orleans is definitely a nicer city to cruise out of. So much to do right by the Cruise Terminal.

Just wondering what would be the reason for a $400 price difference (same cabin) between the Jewel out of NO in November 2013 and the Dawn from Tampa in November 2013? Both ships are doing the same itinerary. We booked the Dawn not only for the price of the cruise its also much less (for us from Philadelphia) to fly direct to Tampa.

Nots that its all that important, I was just wondering why

I am guessing the port charges at embarkation are higher plus the Jewel is a newer ship. the newer the ship, usually the higher the price. I know there isn't that much difference in age, but the Jewel is a class up in some peoples eyes. When you see a price on a cabin it always includes port charges, but not taxes. Oh, someone mentioned NOLA being a better port, I would strongly disagree with you. Most of the NCL ships out o NOLA in the past have been a little less expensive. Unless someone really wants to experience a couple days in New Orleans, I think it is a horrible port to sail out of...

The departure port is absolutely a factor but of course multiple ships often share a port and still have a price difference. Exams breakaway and jewel, same port NYC, same intinerary different price. The newer higher class ships will always be more expensive.

It actually has more to do with the Departure port than anything.

New Orleans is always more expensive to sail from than Tampa. You can do that comparison with the Star and Dawn right now, and they are sister ships.

New Orleans is definitely a nicer city to cruise out of. So much to do right by the Cruise Terminal.

That is right on. For example, the NYC ports and Boston ports are more expensive.

Archived