Comparisons between Oasis and Allure

Hi fellow cruisers, the wife and I sailed on the Allure in 2012, we are thinking of booking the Oasis. We thoroughly enjoyed the Allure, it's an incredible ship. We never felt like it was crowded considering all the passengers. My question is for those who sailed on both of them. Is there much diffrence in the cruise experience? I'm sure that both ships have pros and cons, but I couldn't find much to bitch about on the Allure. Thanks for any input.

Hi fellow cruisers, the wife and I sailed on the Allure in 2012, we are thinking of booking the Oasis. We thoroughly enjoyed the Allure, it's an incredible ship. We never felt like it was crowded considering all the passengers. My question is for those who sailed on both of them. Is there much diffrence in the cruise experience? I'm sure that both ships have pros and cons, but I couldn't find much to bitch about on the Allure. Thanks for any input.

The shows are different between the ships, Allure has Chicago and Oasis has Hairspray. Some of the food venues are different, Allure has Samba Grill, Boardwalk Doghouse, and Rita's Cantina. Oasis has Solarium Bistron and the Seafood Shack. Can't think of much else different.

You'll love Oasis also. As previously mentioned there are a few restaurant differences and the shows. But it is nice to do your own comparison. Oh... Allure is bigger.... by about 5 cm....if "size matters." Actually a crewmember (officer) on Oasis told us that Allure would have about 2200 changes. The restaurants are about the only things passengers will notice. But consider it a great excuse for another cruise.

As far as I am concerned the biggest difference is whether you prefer to sail Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun. The small differences in food venues mean little. And having different shows is a good thing. After seeing one set of shows on one ship you get to see a different set of the other.

If you enjoy the Oasis class of ships then I believe you will like both ships in the class.

Basically what you guys are saying is kind of what I thought to be the case. We loved the Allure and I'm sure that we'll feel the same about the Oasis. The only ship we sailed on twice was the Adventure of the Seas because we like the Southern Caribbean itinerary. We also found the Adventure to be a great ship and we enjoyed both cruises immensly. By the way I read every once in awhile about some people having trepidation with going on the Adventure because of all the Spanish speaking people on the ship. Not to worry, they are a great group to cruise with. Let us not forget the ship leaves from their hometown of Puerto Rico, so why would it not have a large amount of Spanish speaking folks on it. We made a lot of friends on those two cruises. It's a good ship.

I absolutely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at the profiles of the folks that responded to my question and saw that we sailed on many of the same RCCL ships, e.g. Allure, Navigator Majesty, Monarch, Explorer, and Adventure twice. We also sailed on the Freedom which is the sister ship to the Liberty and Independence. All in all it seems we have similar tastes in cruising, lol. Of the ships I mentioned which one did you like the best. We liked the Allure for obvious reasons, but had more fun on other ships. I guess its the company that's with you that makes the cruise.

We did Oasis last summer after doing Allure the year before. We loved both. I'd give Allure a slight edge (Doghouse, iPod chargers, outlets in cabins) but thought shows on Oasis were better.

Plugs for charging items in cabins are easier to access on Allure over Oasis. On Oasis be prepared to get on your knees, unless it has been changed.

Plugs for charging items in cabins are easier to access on Allure over Oasis. On Oasis be prepared to get on your knees, unless it has been changed.

I see by the list of your sailings that you have done about an equal amount of cruising with RCCL and with the Princess Line. Traveling pretty much the same itineraries on both. Briefly how would you compare the two. Do you have a major preference between one or the other?

Archived