Holland America Adds Canaletto and Enclosed Wintergarden to Prinsendam

IRL_Joanie

Just received/read my latest edition of Cruise Industry News and there is an article about NEW ADDITIONS to Prinsendam!!!

QUOTE "Holland America Adds Canaletto and Enclosed Wintergarden to Prinsendam

on 15 January 2013.

Holland America Line recently completed the addition of the line's casual Italian restaurant Canaletto and transformed the Lido Terrace into an enclosed Wintergarden aboard the Prinsendam.

Named for the famous 18th-century Venetian artist, the Canaletto is located in the Wintergarden, which is adjacent to the Lido dining area. The restaurant serves classic Italian fare with tableside service for dinner only, and reservations are encouraged. With the addition of the eatery to Prinsendam, Canaletto is now on all 15 ships in the Holland America Line fleet.

“We continue to invest in our fleet and the onboard experience to offer the best premium cruise experience,” said Richard Meadows, executive vice president, marketing, sales and guest programs. “Prinsendam has one of our most loyal followings, so the new Wintergarden and popular Canaletto will certainly be appreciated by our guests.”

In addition to Canaletto, the 835-guest Prinsendam’s aft Lido terrace was enclosed and remodeled into a covered Wintergarden. The new area increased the dining capacity of the Lido and provides the venue for Canaletto. The ship also received other cosmetic enhancements during its dry-dock in Freeport, Bahamas, including new balcony decking and balcony dividers." UNQUOTE http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/8550-holland-america-adds-canaletto-and-enclosed-wintergarden-to-prinsendam.html

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Was on the "P" during the Holiday cruise and the new addition is really nice. We did not eat in the Canaletto but did enjoy lunch in that area several times. If the weather was nice there are sliding windows that can be opened to enjoy the fresh breeze.

First time onboard and it was a wonderful trip.

Was on the "P" during the Holiday cruise and the new addition is really nice. We did not eat in the Canaletto but did enjoy lunch in that area several times. If the weather was nice there are sliding windows that can be opened to enjoy the fresh breeze.

First time onboard and it was a wonderful trip.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. May you have many more wonderful cruises on the Elegant Explorer. I snapped this picture of the new area when I was with the Prinsendam in Barbados. I think this is my 5000th post and it seems appropriate to be posting this.

Joanie, thanks for the link.

Roy

newlido.jpg.32de5133220d3d454630bb9b5f1cf7c6.jpg

Edited by rafinmd

Sounds nice.

What was in the space prior to Wintergarden? Was it open deck with tables and chairs for additional Lido seating when good weather?

That's correct. There was a canvas cover there that had a nasty habit of developing leaks when it rained.

Roy

That's correct. There was a canvas cover there that had a nasty habit of developing leaks when it rained.

Roy

Thanks.

Doesn't sound like many will miss that space being open deck especially given they have sliding windows to let fresh air in on mild days.

Edited by sail7seas

I'm glad you enjoyed it. May you have many more wonderful cruises on the Elegant Explorer. I snapped this picture of the new area when I was with the Prinsendam in Barbados. I think this is my 5000th post and it seems appropriate to be posting this.

Joanie, thanks for the link.

Roy

1. CONGRATS on the 5000 Mark!!! (I have something like 54 to the 10,000 (LOL, I tend to talk a lot don't I:D

2. Thanks for the photo, I must say it looks nice and I like the sliding windows. Looks better than I pictured:)

Joanie

Roy

Congrats on passing the 5,000 mark Roy:D

thanks for the link and the info Joanie:D

I liked that back area but I think it will be just as nice especially with the windows opening. Much more usable in the Baltics too:)

Hi Joanie

This is great news!! We are going around the Black Sea on the P in October and i was hoping they would add the Canaletto in time. makes for another option, which is always good.

Are you happy that the weather has finally returned to normal? I haven't been out much for the past month-brrrrr!

Mary Lynn

Thank you.

Also, any photo's inside?

Maybe someone else can but I took that picture when the Celebrity Summit and Prinsendam were in port together. I was on the wrong ship and saw nothing of the new inside.

Roy

• 10 months later...