Beer and spirits

FIFE1

With the Island escape being All Inclusive this year (2013), what do you think the lager brand will be? Also do you think it will be local spirits or branded. If you want to get branded spirits what do you think the surcharge will be? See on Thomson forum changes to drinks package (i.e. no full tins of soft drinks without a supplement.)

One last question is the general consensus now that it will be the Island Escape that will be used this year (no last minute changes)

Hi Fife1,

Lager brand normally San Miguel and Stella.

As for surcharges, because it's a "new" AI your guess would be the same as mine and local spirits even last year no full cans unless supplement.

And the Good ship is sailing, I see today it has been advertised in the Papers for March.

• 3 weeks later...

Not done March Cappers..but I have had some rock n roll on the good ship :D in the summer.

It's all down to luck on what seas you get...done many a summer with IE and never had a rough sea but last summer was a good one (night) I expect Jenny Wren will remember :D must admit my self and the good lady Rebel don't get sea sick so we do enjoy rocking and rolling.

Yes I do remember we had a bit of a bouncy night...just the one!:) We booked midships cabins (decks 6 and 7) on both our IE cruises so it hasn't bothered us unduly...we met someone who was in a forward cabin who said it was noisy when rough...and someone else said there was a 'corkscrew' motion in rough seas which made her feel queasy.

I always take Stugeron with me and take one at the first sign of choppiness and have always been fine, even on a very rough two way Transatlantic!!!!:)

You don't think she'd roll over in really heavy seas do you? I read an article in a paper from 2010 about the Majesty being hit by a 30ft wave on the crossing from Villefranche to Barcelona and it did some serious damage, lots passengers injured and 2 died! Do you think the really big ships handle it better than the ones of I.E's size? She's a lovely ship I think and I'm still undecided about which one to do at Easter,,but at least I've ruled out the Holy Land one!!

And the plane might crash..stop fretting lol

:o I know...I'm over thinking it all!! Price has gone up £50 each since this morning,,I'm assuming it's booking up cos it's Easter innit! Now it's AI I'll just drink til I'm rolling around myself then I won't know what's happening with the waves! :D

• 1 month later...
:o I know...I'm over thinking it all!! Price has gone up £50 each since this morning,,I'm assuming it's booking up cos it's Easter innit! Now it's AI I'll just drink til I'm rolling around myself then I won't know what's happening with the waves! :D
waves iv'e seen more in my bath than will hit the bow, don't fret middle of ship best place to be. or day time watch orison it works every time :eek::D:mad::p

R R hubbys asking can you get bass on board

carolynne

no bass here on board, just San Miguel (today on draught in at least 3 bars at last, but only half pint glasses). can also see Boddingtons bitter in cans and bulmers cider and stella in bottles.

Archived