Tea making facilities on Star Princess

poppies1

I love my early and late cuppa , are the stateroom facilities good? Fridge? Electric kettle etc? Are cruisers able to get fresh milk?

On Star Princess 25 Feb.

Have cruised with Holland America Alaska -Oosterdam

Star Cruise Singapore-Hong Kong _Gemini

P & O San Francisco- Auckland -Oriana

Other than NCL, no US-based cruselines have in-room kettles.

Some RC and Celebrity ships add them when cruising out of the UK, but never when in the US.

The easiest way to get a hot(-ish) pot of tea or coffee is through room service. On Princess there is a hangtag to place on your door upon retiring to specify what time you want yours delivered in the morning.

If you want milk with your cuppa, easiest way to get it is to ask for cream. (Or vise-versa). As for fresh--depends if you consdier UHT milk "fresh"

Room service hot tea is usually awful. It is a pet hate of mine. The water is often served in a pot that previously contained coffee.

You best best is to go to the 24 hour self service area and make a cup of tea the way you want it.

I second the self service at the buffet idea. Room service "hot" water is never hot enough to make a decent cup of tea. The water at the buffet is just about hot enough to be okay.

Archived