Next Carnival Ship.

Starboard-33

Does anyone have any Info on the next ship that will be here In 2016? I know It's a long ways off, so I doubt not much Is known at this point but just courious. I am wandering If It will be a bigger dream class style ship, It would not take much to add 5000 gross tons- [more room] to a Dream class-[130,000 gross tons], just make the hump another deck higher, or add another deck all the way back to get the Gross tonnage up to 135,000, like they are predicting It will be. Carnival never does anything to drastic, but always has a nice good quality end product. Carnival does what they do well. Any thoughts?

Nothing is known about this ship except for the fact that it will be a new class of ship and design for Carnival. Also, there may be an option for one or two more that can possibly be ordered by them.

Something tells me that we will see some new features on board, with the competition heating up (Breakaway & Project Sunshine). In addition, details won't be released until late next year because the project is still in the very early stages of design and development.

I think Carnival needs to add something to this to really get the cruise industry talking--like you said, with the Project Sunshine and Breakaway. If this turns out to be just another very Carnival-esque ship with no new unique features, I think they risk being left in the dust and will be considered an also-ran. So we just need to hope the innovative and creative juices are flowing with this.

Since it will be a large ship on the scale of the Dream or Breeze I hope they will design the common areas differently. I have only sailed on the Glory, Dream and Breeze and they all seem similar enough to the degree that I sometimes feel that I'm on the same ship. Some folks may prefer the familiarity of deck plans among the ships but I prefer new environments instead of the "been there - done that" feeling.

Cheers!

My skeptical head makes me think they will wait till they kill and Phoenix out the Destiny, if it makes it both ways TA, to see if they want to incorporate some of those new layout designs they are experimenting with on the Sunshine.

The only things we have heard about it are that it will be 135,000-gross ton, 4,000-passengers and will launch in the winter of 2016.

Thanks but I prefer boarding with half the people on a spirit class ship!

I have a feeling once the Breakaway starts sailing from NYC you will be able to get some low low cruise prices from Carnival for the NYC sailings.

That's what happened when the Miracle was in town doing Bahamas and Port Canaveral destinations in the middle of the summer, when the Legend and the Dawn were here. All it did was attract cheap cruisers. What a mistake!

By then I imagine the Imagination and Fascination will be fased out.

All of the Fantasy class ships will continue to stay in service because they serve the all too important short day cruise segment for Carnival. They will be in the fleet for at least another 5-10 years.

Keep in mind too that Carnival put a lot of money into them (Evolutions of Fun) so they want to keep them in their possession for a little while longer.

By then I imagine the Imagination and Fascination will be fased out. The Breakaway looks really nice. I am going to book this for my first NCL cruise. It will blow away the Carnival ship in the NYC port.

This is probably the reasoning behind Carnival sending a newer ship here to NY (Splendor).

Denise

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Archived