!

Paul&Kathy

I wonder whether any UK cruisers are able to recommend a travel insurance co that will cover multiple medical conditions ?

We have insured with an annual wolrdwide policy through our bank for several years which covered DH's stroke, heart condition & COPD, we had to pay an extra premium but it was OK (total cost about £400 pa for both of us).

Since last renewal he has also become insulin dependant diabetic, suffered kidney failure as a result, although that is now sorted out, and also had 3 hospital admissions last year with pneumonia resulting from his COPD . It sounds awful and I know we are a high risk for an insurance company, but we have never yet claimed on our travel insurance and actually when he is well he enjoys life and still wants to cruise.

Our bank have declined to renew, I have tried about 30 different companies, including all the ones on google that say they cover pre-existing medical conditions, so far all I can get is a European only annual policy for just over £1,000 but it has some exclusions (both medical and geographic) that put us off. Single trip 2 week policies for about £500-£600 at the moment are our best option but I would love to hear from somebody who has found a better solution. I would NEVER travel abroad unless he was fully covered for medical problems ! Thanks in advance

We always booked our cruise/travel insurance through either the cruise line or our TA. It is critical that if you have a pre-existing condition that you do so immediately upon booking. Most often, if you do so within 24-48 hours, there is no pre-existing condition exclusion. This is not an ongoing policy, but covers for the specific trip.

I know this is true for those within the USA....not sure if it is different for the UK.

Thanks, Splinter, it must be different here as we still have to answer questions about pre-existing conditions.

And sorry, everyone, I don't know why the title of this has come up as " ! " , I called it something like Travel Insurance with multiple medical conditions, so I don't know what happened to the title !

Archived