A Former HAL Fan Cruises Oceania

HeatherInFlorida

Your cruise sounds amazing!

Thanks for coming back to report on your new experiences.

Like you say, you get what you pay for!!!

Will be interesting to see if Oceania will eventually decide to include all bevs in their fares as Azamara is doing in the next few months.

:D:D:D

Yonnie, if you could hire a car from the airport, I want you to know that the pier itself is the easiest we've ever encountered. And the drivers meeting people were standing right outside of Customs. Just something to think about.

Sheila, I know exactly how you feel. Since we just rescued Sophie 6 months ago I worried she would feel we were abandoning her. But I think that's all much more in our heads than hers. She had a wonderful week with her second family :).

Iancal, you're right. It's much more expensive and that's no small thing for us either. But the value is so much higher. I honestly wondered whether that was possible, but you feel it immediately. At least we did. And we went into it with very high expectations. I read almost nothing but rave reviews. I thought they couldn't possibly live up to it. For us they did.

When you look around at costs for high end, even moderate, resorts and see the all inclusive charges per day when they are offered, you realize that the rates for many of the cruise lines today just make no sense. They are appealing to a mass market to fill the larger and larger ships. For some it works. Many people love this new way of cruising. We just don't. It's great to have choices.

Thanks for your review -- you clearly had a delightful time.

A cruise with Oceania is definitely in my future, just trying to figure out when and to where. The issue for me is that I'm not much of a fan of the Caribbean, and their Med itineraries in years past have been on the basic side, whereas I look for some more unusual options.

It would be nice if they'd devote one of their ships to doing some creative itineraries!

Heather, I just found your review this morning, it was so good to "see" you here! What a wonderful review, your enthusiasm is contagious. :) I felt as if I was taken along with you.

I'm so happy that you have found your "home" with Oceania and plan to continue cruising. Thank you so much for coming here to share your review with us. :)

Archived