Seviile port

dfishner

My fellow roll call members and I have researched this to death and really cannot find any info on where Azamara docks in Seville I even called Azamara and they could not assist. Can anyone tell me where does the Quest dock in Seville it would be much appreciated. All I am seeing is the Port Authority. I would appreciate any assistance thanks so much

My fellow roll call members and I have researched this to death and really cannot find any info on where Azamara docks in Seville I even called Azamara and they could not assist. Can anyone tell me where does the Quest dock in Seville it would be much appreciated. All I am seeing is the Port Authority. I would appreciate any assistance thanks so much

Not quite sure if you start or end your cruise at Seville, but if you cruise the Quadalquiivir River getting to Seville (or the cruse before you if you are boarding at Seville) then I believe that you are berthed in the centre of Seville. I could be wrong. But if you go back to about page 9 of the Az thread you will find pix of Journey going in last August. Stunning pix, and again a testimony to the Az Captains skills and being taken to places no other cruise ships will take you too.

If I'm right enjoy.

Peter

Not quite sure if you start or end your cruise at Seville, but if you cruise the Quadalquiivir River getting to Seville (or the cruse before you if you are boarding at Seville) then I believe that you are berthed in the centre of Seville. I could be wrong. But if you go back to about page 9 of the Az thread you will find pix of Journey going in last August. Stunning pix, and again a testimony to the Az Captains skills and being taken to places no other cruise ships will take you too.

If I'm right enjoy.

Peter

We were on the Journey for that voyage and it was fabulous! And we were indeed right in the center of Seville, within walking distance to so much. We are ending in Seville this August on the Quest. There is not a lot of water under you, so I hope our next captain is as talented as captain Johannes.

Did you happen to remember what landmark was just off from your docking position? I am also cruising with the OP and we have been discussing which side of the river (to the east bank or west bank) as well as how far south of the city center the Quest will actually be berthed/docked.

The only information we have found so far is the formal address for the port authority of Seville. Hopefully, we are docked just to the west of tis buildgin which would put us along the east bank and quite accessible to the city.

BTW, I am assuming as it was close to the city that you then did not have a shuttle into the city center, true?

I suppose you could dock elsewhere, but on November 6th last year, when we docked aboard the Quest, we docked just below (south) of the Puente de los Remedios on the east bank. The ship's provided shuttle took us to to a drop off point even closer to town, but the bus had to go south to get out of the port, then negotiate some traffic circles, etc., and I think we could have walked to the dropoff point faster (pedestrians can go in and out of a gate (uncontolled) right near the ship.

Bruce

I suppose you could dock elsewhere, but on November 6th last year, when we docked aboard the Quest, we docked just below (south) of the Puente de los Remedios on the east bank. The ship's provided shuttle took us to to a drop off point even closer to town, but the bus had to go south to get out of the port, then negotiate some traffic circles, etc., and I think we could have walked to the dropoff point faster (pedestrians can go in and out of a gate (uncontolled) right near the ship.

Bruce

Excellent news. Thank you.

This docking position would place you on the east bank and very close to the Av Molini 6 position mentioned as the headquarters of the port authority. Hopefully, Azamara will send us an exact set of directions to the berth/docking location so we can pass these along to our taxi for embarkation.

Thanks, again.

Thanks to all.

Using the directions you gave, Bruce, along with the info Dale and I found, I acutally located a satellite image of a ship docked exactly where you described it, Bruce. Amazing detail when you zoom in...looks like a river cruise vessel.

The mystery is solved!:D

Archived