New menu on Indy- did it happen as scheduled?

jimbo87

Anyone know why not? We're on the 27th...I really don't want to be the guinea pigs of the new menu!

We asked our waitstaff and they said they were waiting for a travelling chef that is supposed to train the chefs onboard on how to implement the new items on the menu.

There was alot of crew that was leaving the ship on the 13th as their rotations were up, so they were probably waiting for the new crew members to come onboard to train them.

Keith

I just did an online chat with a Crown and Anchor representative asking when the new menu would be launched on Indy, and he had no idea what I was talking about. He then checked with his supervisor, who also had not heard of any main dining room changes for RCI. Maybe the C&A people are not trained in operations? The representative was very nice, but I was a little surprised that he could not find an answer for me.

I have since posed my question to customer service via the website email form. Hopefully they will have some info!

I'm not sure whether I'm hoping more that Independence of the Seas has the old or new menus by the time I sail. From my limited experience with the new menus, I think I preferred the old ones a bit more. That said, I did have limited experience with the new menus and would be willing to give them another try.

Just off Oasis on 14th Jan and our waiter said that the new menus were on trial on selected ships but heard that they were being withdrawn and kept on Oasis class ships only.

There was a lot I preferred on the old menu also. This time there was not always dessert I liked (which is strange for me) and DH said the manhattan strip steak was not as good as the Black angus from old alternative selection.

Also said that the lobster on formal night was a little tougher than previous caribbean cruises. Head waiter said it was canadian rather than florida, if anyone knows the difference!!) I'm not a fish or seafood eater!!

That being said, everything I had was perfectly good, excellent service in MDR and just loved the ship.:)

Sailed on the Indy 1/7-1/13. I asked our Head Waiter if the Indy would start their new menus on the 13th. He said that they would not have new menus because the ship will be going back to Europe in the spring for an 11 day dry dock. Then the ship would stay in Europe for the summer before returning to the U S in the fall. He says that it wouldn't make sense to change the menu for a couple of months before returning to Europe because they already make some changes to the menu for European travelers.

Sailed on the Indy 1/7-1/13. I asked our Head Waiter if the Indy would start their new menus on the 13th. He said that they would not have new menus because the ship will be going back to Europe in the spring for an 11 day dry dock. Then the ship would stay in Europe for the summer before returning to the U S in the fall. He says that it wouldn't make sense to change the menu for a couple of months before returning to Europe because they already make some changes to the menu for European travelers.

I definitely understand the hesitation to make the menu change if it's only for a few months.

If this is the case, I'm really disappointed. I was really looking forward to the new dishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed Jan 27th with same old menu, but I will admit, I thought the quality of the food was better than on our last RCCL trip (except onion soup, which was way weak)

As posted by others, she is going into dry dock in May, then Med, and will be back in Caribbean in December. Don't know how exact those times are, but so we were told.

Archived