Extra expenses on Breeze?

jacksmom09

Well, here are a couple of things I can think of...

Soda Card

Smoothies/virgin drinks

pictures

Cherry on top

Fancy sweets

$10 Gift items (we gave our daughter $50 and she spent it all on stuff from this area of the gift shop)

T-shirts, other souvenirs

The 5D theater is pretty cool...the charge ( I might not get the $ figure exactly right!) was around $7pp, but you could also buy a pass, go as much as you want, for around $15.

Steakhouse extra of course, maybe $30-35pp, and Red Frog Pub serves food, all items were $3.33 (and VERY good!)

Not sure what the soda card is these days....we've been taking a 12 pack on board, so haven't bought one in awhile....I think the last time I did, was around $50-60 for a 7 day cruise. Photos are $12.95 for the smaller size, and around $21 for the 8x10. Clueless about smoothies and Cherry on Top.

The 5D theater is pretty cool...the charge ( I might not get the $ figure exactly right!) was around $7pp, but you could also buy a pass, go as much as you want, for around $15.

Steakhouse extra of course, maybe $30-35pp, and Red Frog Pub serves food, all items were $3.33 (and VERY good!)

We deff want to do the 5D theater, is the pass worth it?

Great start!;) Thanks! Any good $ Amounts ??:confused: Will do 1 adult and 1 child soda card. Several pics (4-5),smoothies (5-7), & Cherry on top!

That's hard to say. Pics vary greatly depending on size and if you get them with a special going on. For example (and I missed this when I got mine) they had 10% off embarkation photos if purchased the first two days only. Here's more info on the photo prices....

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/photographic_experience.htm

Pro Portraits I think are the elegant night ones with a backdrop. They do them all the time in certain locations throughout the cruise so if you see a backdrop, it's $24 (excludes embarkation photo.)

Soda card is....

Child Rate Per Day $4.50 USD (17 years of age and younger)

Adult Rate Per Day $6.00 USD (18 years of age and older)

Add 15% gratuity on each of those.

Cherry on top can be $5 or $1000 depending on what you buy and how much. Really hard to say. 5 cruises and never paid for their overpriced candies.

As for smoothies, not sure what those prices were. Didn't look for those at all. I would venture $6 each probably.

We deff want to do the 5D theater, is the pass worth it?

We didn't get the pass, but if you went only twice, you were ahead! So, yeah, I would say it's worth it, especially since you have a teenager! At least, I think a teenager would like it. The shows run about half an hour, but it really was pretty cool!

We didn't get the pass, but if you went only twice, you were ahead! So, yeah, I would say it's worth it, especially since you have a teenager! At least, I think a teenager would like it. The shows run about half an hour, but it really was pretty cool!

When I saw the prices if you went twice you were better buying the unlimited. I just got off the breeze and if I recall, it was $7.95 for one showing or $14.95 for unlimited.

We have a 15 year old and have been on the Breeze twice. She went to the 3d theatre once and had two smoothies or virgin cocktails on both cruises. Nothing interested her to buy on the ship- and she's a shopper. The ice cream and desserts with dinner made the Cherry on Top not that enticing! She was happy to go to the "free" Cucina at lunchtime and did not want to go to the Steakhouse as she felt shed be "missing" fun Club O2 activities. In short, she spent very little on the boat when we were on the Breeze. Now off the ship, that's a different story!

Is it always the same show or does it change during the cruise?

Is there a minimum age cost? Just wondering if I'd have to pay for my 2 and 3 year olds???

I think the two prices above are the only prices. Personally, not sure I'd take a 2 and 3 year old in there. It's a motion theater, so the seats move around, wind and water may spray and blow in your face, etc. It may be too rough for a child that age. I couldn't find anything on a minimum age though.

Don't forget about the arcade. My boys (11 and 13) found themselves hanging out there with the other kids on many nights during our last cruise. I have now learned to put a limit on their cards :(

Great idea to put a limit on his card!:D Thanks for the tip!

Archived