Technotel with Autoprogreso

I've just been emailing with a rep from autoprogreso. They let me know that they are no longer partnering with the Reef Club to do their all-inclusive due to a sharp increase in price. They are now doing all-inclusive at Technotel. It is only $35 pp and includes transportation, pool, food, drinks, etc.

Has anyone tried this new tour? Heard of it?

Thanks

I just checked out their website, as we had planning on doing the Autoprogreso all inclusive. This new hotel's pool looks much smaller, and I can't find any photos of their beach area. I was hoping for some shade and lounge chairs on the beach.

Sure hope someone chimes in with a review of this new location! If you decide to go on this excursion, please post a review, as we don't go until the end of February.

Thanks,

Susan

wow, glad I saw this. I had noticed they had taken the option off their website for a while, and was planning on just getting the excursion when we got to port. I just googled the Technotel and after looking at their website pics, am not very impressed. Guess its Flamingos restaurant and chillin' with the vendors...:rolleyes:

Looking on the AP site, the pictures they show for their Progresso all inclusive tour (Technotel) are taken from a Technotel location in San Benito, NOT Progresso.

If you go to the Technotel site, and click on the North Merida location, the beach/pool look nothing like what they're showing on their excursion information page.

Hoping someone will post a review before the end of February!

Don't expect a whole lot as far as the beach is concerned. It was ok to go and have drinks at (they would put as much alcohol in the drinks as you wanted) and the food was ok but the beach area was not much to look at. We sat around the pool and drank and ate then got a massage (they cost extra) . But we thought it was worth the $35 per person.

The pool was actually pretty good sized with a small island at one end. It was a really good blue and appeared clean. Like I say, the price was right for what we got, just don't expect a great beach experience. We didn't spend a lot of time on the beach because it was cold and windy but there was shade and some odd looking loungers.

Don't expect a whole lot as far as the beach is concerned. It was ok to go and have drinks at (they would put as much alcohol in the drinks as you wanted) and the food was ok but the beach area was not much to look at. We sat around the pool and drank and ate then got a massage (they cost extra) . But we thought it was worth the $35 per person.

Is the hotel beach front? I looked a google maps and the beach looks kind of far from the hotel. I like the price but we want some kind of beach.

The link that you posted was for Technotel in San Benito. You need to look up Technotel Norte (Merida). It is inland and there is no beach, only a pool. Here is a link to what I believe is the Autoprogreso hotel:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150811-d2454342-Reviews-Technotel_Merida_Norte-Merida_Municipality_of_Merida_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

The link that you posted was for Technotel in San Benito. You need to look up Technotel Norte (Merida). It is inland and there is no beach, only a pool. Here is a link to what I believe is the Autoprogreso hotel:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150811-d2454342-Reviews-Technotel_Merida_Norte-Merida_Municipality_of_Merida_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I thought that, I looked at a map and the hotel looked like it was inland. I emailed the Autoprogreso folks and I never heard back from them. Maybe someone will do this excursion before we go in May and post a review with pics.

I thought that, I looked at a map and the hotel looked like it was inland. I emailed the Autoprogreso folks and I never heard back from them. Maybe someone will do this excursion before we go in May and post a review with pics.

Odds are, you'll hear something before May. I'll be down there Monday 2/25. I decided just to do the Corona Beach party through Carnival. It's only $10 higher than Autoprogreso's offering, and at least I'll know that I'm on the beach. Plus less time on a bus...

I was there in January and did this excursion through Autoprogresso and yes, it is on the beach. The beach is not all that great but the facility appeared to be clean, just don't expect a lot as far as the beach is concerned. We had a group do the Corona beach break and hated it. Just my 2 cents. Technotel was great if you just want to go sit around and drink, the staff is friendly and they will put as much or as little rum in your drink as you want.

I was there in January and did this excursion through Autoprogresso and yes, it is on the beach. The beach is not all that great but the facility appeared to be clean, just don't expect a lot as far as the beach is concerned. We had a group do the Corona beach break and hated it. Just my 2 cents. Technotel was great if you just want to go sit around and drink, the staff is friendly and they will put as much or as little rum in your drink as you want.

Thanks for the info. We are not hugh beach people, but we want to spend some time on the beach. This excursion seems great for us because you visit the ruins, salt flats, then some beach time. You dont happen to have any pic

• 2 months later...
I looked up the location of the Technotel near Progresso in North Merida and it isn't even close to the beach. Is that true? That really stinks that they dropped the Reef Resort!

i know! i wonder if carnival still goes to the reef? if so we might do that instead...we are really just wanting a great pool but i have mixed feelings about this technotel place. need to decide soon we leave in a week! LOL

Archived