Technotel with Autoprogreso

Thanks! I found the one on the beach and it doesn't look too bad. The price is so much cheaper for the 4 of us through Autoprogreso than through Carnival, so I think we will try it out. I have a few more weeks to watch for reviews before I decide! Is the Triumph the only ship that goes to Progresso? I haven't seen much on the Progresso forum lately so I am assuming so.

Does anyone know if it is better to wait to book with Autoprogreso when we get to the port or if we need to book ahead of time? I am thinking we will wait to make sure we get to actually go before we book, but I am wondering if we need to do it online ahead of time or we can pay the same amount if we wait and just get the tickets when we get there.

We have booked with AutoProgreso each time we have been there and have always just booked at the port; the price is the same. Last time we were there, Dec 2012, there was another tour group booking in the parking lot where the buses drop you off as well as AP; don't know any more than that about them. I believe only the Elation and Triumph (when sailing) stop at Progreso, so information sometimes is slow to come by. Have a great trip!

after much back and forth i think we've finally decided on the all-inclusive with autoprogreso. Its hard to beat the $35 price when compared to the $80 through carnival (x5), especially when we are talking about 3-4 hours. The plan is to wait until we are there to book so we can negotiate only going to the AI..we aren't interested in seeing the ruins on this trip.

normally i can find alot of info on tripadvisor but this technotel it a tough one! from what i've read it would seem that time wise it would be better if we visited the one in progreso because of the traffic and travel time to merida. can anyone confirm that they offer both resort locations at the cruise port?

i promise to come back with pics and details for everyone...

I can't wait to hear about it! If you look on Autoprogreso's website there is only one A I beach break to choose from and it us in the beach. There are lots of pictures of it. The pictures are of the one in Progresso on the beach. I think the one in Merida is not on the beach. I am not for sure though. We plan on doing this excursion as well in July depending on the reviews.

I was there in January and we went through AP and bought at the port. It was a decent time and it is on the beach, although it is not the nicest beach. We actually sat up around the pool area and ate and drank the whole time. We were able to negotiate a pretty good price for massages there (there were 4 of us) and you do not have to do a ruins trip with it. If you are going for a nice beach then you will be disappointed, however, if you are going for the drinks and the relaxation, it will be great for you. We really did have a good time and it was definitely worth the price we paid. I will also say that the day we were there was a little cold so that may have affected how much time we were on the actual beach. Hope this helps.

We went to the Reef with AP last summer. After looking up info on the Technotel we chose to go back to the Reef with the Carnival excursion.

However I would recommend AP in general. We were very happy with their service.

good morning

well, i've been emailing with someone from AP and i'm very impressed with the speed of the replys and the professionalism. we went ahead and reserved it...i like booking with them rather than through CCL because i know the $$ will stay local.

i'll post pics and a review when we return.

We were there last week and we loved it. Yes it's not a five star resort but the price was cheap. The food was pretty good and the drinks were also good. If they make them to weak you can ask the bar tender to put extra booze in your drink. The pics on the wed site is the actually resort. The trip is at 1015am so you have time to shop a little and the double decker bus, which is worth the five dollars. If you want to shop do it before you go to the resort because the bus takes you back to the ship. In the flea market you can get hammocks for 10.00 we got several and brought them back for gifts.

We're back and everyone absolutely loved Technotel through autoprogreso. We didn't have any trouble finding Guadeloupe at the port....paid the $35 p/p then met the bus at 10:15 for the somewhat lengthy ride to the resort. FYI if you walk out of the shopping area in town there is a grocery store facing the exit.,.bought a 6 pack of beer for the ride & the bus even had a restroom!

I'll post pics as soon as I upload but we had a blast and would book this again in a heartbeat. We actually preferred the food over the food at Mr Sancho's in Cozumel. Hubby even bout a bottle of tequila at the bar for $22 and our group of 20+ had several rounds of shots. Can you tell yet I liked this place ? LOL

Had my fingers crossed on this cause the entire group was counting on me & my plan for the day (everyone decided to tag along after we were on the ship) can't tell you how many "thanks" I received...anyways, ill post pics in a bit....feel free to ask questions

We're back and everyone absolutely loved Technotel through autoprogreso. We didn't have any trouble finding Guadeloupe at the port....paid the $35 p/p then met the bus at 10:15 for the somewhat lengthy ride to the resort. FYI if you walk out of the shopping area in town there is a grocery store facing the exit.,.bought a 6 pack of beer for the ride & the bus even had a restroom!

I'll post pics as soon as I upload but we had a blast and would book this again in a heartbeat. We actually preferred the food over the food at Mr Sancho's in Cozumel. Hubby even bout a bottle of tequila at the bar for $22 and our group of 20+ had several rounds of shots. Can you tell yet I liked this place ? LOL

Had my fingers crossed on this cause the entire group was counting on me & my plan for the day (everyone decided to tag along after we were on the ship) can't tell you how many "thanks" I received...anyways, ill post pics in a bit....feel free to ask questions

Hello - have a question for Kajunswty - when you met up with Guadeloupe, which Technotel location did you request? I have read where one does not have a beach - more inland. We want the beach! Just want to be sure we get the right place. Do you remember if there were kayaks, snorkeling, beach activities for the kids? Thanks so much for your help!

Hello - have a question for Kajunswty - when you met up with Guadeloupe, which Technotel location did you request? I have read where one does not have a beach - more inland. We want the beach! Just want to be sure we get the right place. Do you remember if there were kayaks, snorkeling, beach activities for the kids? Thanks so much for your help!

to be honest i never specified but there was no confusion so i don't know if they even offer a tour to the other one. she did have a binder of pics / tours so i guess its possible but we didn't have any trouble. I didn't see any one snorkeling but thats not to say it wasn't offered. here's a pic of one of the kids on a kayak..you can see the loungers and massage tables in the background

P5280328.jpg

by the way...i just finished up my photo review, here's a link to it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1857090

because there's so many technotels on tripadvisor it was hard to figure out which one it was prior to going. here is the correct one

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2550245-d3214584-Reviews-Technotel_Beach-Chicxulub_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

i submitted a review but it'll take a couple of days to show up

Archived