The Brilliant Reflection - A Review of 1-12-2013 Sailing with Photos (Very Long)

librarylady19

Here are a few photos from the Opening Night Show:

Matt & Riley:

Orchestra (Rory on the far left):

P1010431_zpsa17f1d51.jpg

The night was still young (and we didn't have to get up early in the morning) so we decided to check out the Ensemble Lounge, which had been one of our favorite bars on Eclipse.

Note: These photos were taken earlier in the day when it was light enough to get decent pictures!

The Vivian Clement Jazz Trio was playing a set.

Reposting to add the missing photos.....

Matt & Riley -

P1010426_zps631ce540.jpg

Orchestra -

P1010431_zpsa17f1d51.jpg

Vivian Clements -

P1010437_zps1ed3b0d8.jpg

Edited by librarylady19

I wanted to let everyone know that I just found the 10 x 10 cubes at Target in the special "Dollar Aisle". They are Knock Offs of the Closet Maid Cubes and guess what..............THEY ARE ONLY THREE WHOLE U.S. DOLLARS A PIECE. They come in Grey, Natural, Lime, Purple and Hot Pink. Perfect for the cruise and weigh practically nothing!

WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!

The Original Closet Maid Cubes are around $9.00 a piece but.....there is a great 7" x 7" pair for 7 bucks that will fit into the cubby holes on the nightstands by the bed.

The collapsible hanging shoe rack is $13.95 and has two hangers (not Velcro) to clip to the closet rod. Also does not weigh more than a pound.

Thank you so much for your review..............LOVE IT!

Cool....thanks for sharing...I better stock up on those for the next cruise. Glad the review was helpful.

I have a question since it's my first time traveling on Celebrity. Can you please tell me how I get my luggage tags?

Anywhere from 50 - 40 days prior to your cruise (mine has usually been around 43-44 days), a link will appear in your online account where you can order luggage tags that will be mailed to you.

There are many threads regarding this process on CC (when the search feature works). If you wait too long after the link appears, you will miss the window to order them.

I would advise keeping an eye out on your Roll Call....someone will post once the link appears

I wanted to let everyone know that I just found the 10 x 10 cubes at Target in the special "Dollar Aisle". They are Knock Offs of the Closet Maid Cubes and guess what..............THEY ARE ONLY THREE WHOLE U.S. DOLLARS A PIECE. They come in Grey, Natural, Lime, Purple and Hot Pink. Perfect for the cruise and weigh practically nothing!

Thanks cruiseguys2009! Going shopping this weekend and will check these items at Target!:)

You people are too funny and obsessed w those cubes! honestly, who cares , store it in a bag ! its a 7 day trip!!! hahaha

I don't think anyone is obsessed with these cubes. Several people have shared a helpful hint that made storage easier for them. If you find it not helpful, just ignore. No need to label people who are just trying to be helpful to others.

Also, some of us do not do 7-day cruises.

Another thought on bins- If you happen to have smaller paper tote bags that clothing retailers often provide, they might be close to the right size. You can trim taller bags to 10 inches. Some of those Holiday gift bags might also work.

Just a thought on using what you have and bringing something that can be recycled when you leave them behind to free up luggage space.

Another thought on bins- If you happen to have smaller paper tote bags that clothing retailers often provide, they might be close to the right size. You can trim taller bags to 10 inches. Some of those Holiday gift bags might also work.

Just a thought on using what you have and bringing something that can be recycled when you leave them behind to free up luggage space.

hahaha great idea, thats what I always do :)

now can I ask a question about getting iron in my cabin since I dont want to have my clothes wrinkled?

now can I ask a question about getting iron in my cabin since I dont want to have my clothes wrinkled?

Irons are a definite no-no. They are a fire hazard and are listed as

forbidden. Please don't chance it.

Use dry cleaner bags to stop the wrinkles. I have been packing with

them for years and years. The plastic acts as a buffer and prevents

wrinkles. Also, some folks use Downy Wrinkle Release and if I want

some totally pressed I send it out and have the ship's services

press it.

Did you ever have a wait to be seated at blu or were people ever turned away? It seems like the perfect place to dine almost every night !!!

Hi:) as long as you are in Aqua Class you will not be turned away.

Blu is "The Dining Room" for AQ.

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review! Almost like being right there! We are thinking of sailing the Reflection on this same itinerary in March of 2014. I wanted to ask you about your seasickness bout as you mentioned that you had experienced it before with this same route. Unfortunately, I have the same tendency & always wear the patch & take meclizine. Do you find this route to be unusually choppy? I had a difficult time with Bermuda but obviously not enough to make me stop cruising! Just wanted your input on the seas for this particular itinerary. Thanks so much!

You people are too funny and obsessed w those cubes! honestly, who cares , store it in a bag ! its a 7 day trip!!! hahaha

Yeah, I'm TOTALLY obsessed!!!!!!:D So much so, that I bought a couple at Target for $7.99 each, then read here on awesome CRUISE CRITIC that "dollar stores" (in my area, "Dollar Tree") has them for $1 each!!!! I'm returning the Target ones!!!!!;)

Who cares about ironing, it's only a seven day cruise............:rolleyes:

When my clothes are wrinkled, I just send them out for pressing.......no need to iron......but it's only a seven day jaunt...........

but here is a wonderful solution........Downy Wrinkle Release.........but just don't substitute for Botox, it does not work........

3242_1056919344355_7332434_n.jpg

And one other thing dahling..........Who ARE You????????? And are you really like the Television Show Mean Girls?

Edited by cruiseguys2009

yeah, i'm totally obsessed!!!!!!:d so much so, that i bought a couple at target for $7.99 each, then read here on awesome cruise critic that "dollar stores" (in my area, "dollar tree") has them for $1 each!!!! I'm returning the target ones!!!!!;)

yay! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And one other thing dahling..........Who ARE You????????? And are you really like the Television Show Mean Girls?

haha no , Im not, was just having fun and joking around lol , your comments made me laugh and thank you for the advice , I will go get some of that downey wrinkle release, how much is it? 7.99 at target or can I get it at the dollar store? lol

Who cares about ironing, it's only a seven day cruise............:rolleyes:

When my clothes are wrinkled, I just send them out for pressing.......no need to iron......but it's only a seven day jaunt...........

but here is a wonderful solution........Downy Wrinkle Release.........but just don't substitute for Botox, it does not work........

3242_1056919344355_7332434_n.jpg

Oh, my gosh! This is going to be a FUNNY cruise! Can't wait to meet you all!

Ania, you may or may not know this, if you bring an iron on board, they will confiscate it. Seriously! You can ask for an iron and ironing board be brought to your cabin, but they will come back and get it each time. You may want to iron all your clothes at once to avoid this hassle. The plastic dry cleaning bags really do work well. I don't worry if I have a small wrinkle or two. We are all on vacation. If anyone is judging you for a wrinkle, then they are the one with the problem! Look forward to meeting everyone on the Feb 23 cruise. It should be a fun time!

Did you ever have a wait to be seated at blu or were people ever turned away? It seems like the perfect place to dine almost every night !!!

Happy to see there is so much interest in storage cubes and ironing out there :p

Anyone want to talk about shoe storage??

To answer your question, we never waited more than 2 minutes (as long as it took to seat the 1 or 2 parties in front of us) to eat at Blu. However, we never ate before 8:00 pm. It was always pretty full up until 9:00 pm whenever we dined there. Be flexible with your dining times and I doubt you'll have a problem. It would be worth the wait!!!

Edited by librarylady19