Wonderful Copenhagen

Hi Danish Viking, do you have a suggestion for the best, least-expensive way (we're adventuresome with one piece of luggage each) to get from the airport to the port in Copenhagen? We're arriving the day of the cruise. We will be arriving for the May 12 Royal Princess Cruise. Thanks!

Edited by 50by50

C190 is Langelinie Pier and luckily for you you can both use the Ho/ho busses or bus number 26 that is probably cheaper and will get you to the most important places like Amalienborg, Nyhavn/canal tour, Strøget, Christiansborg, the national museum, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek and Tivoli.

For such a short time I wouldn't bother taking the trip to Tivoli so we can rule that one out.

But Amalienborg, Rosenborg, Canal tour, a stroll along Strøget and possible also Rundetårn (the round tower) can be done on one day but not in the same order of course.

The Royal Princess (May 2014) is slated for this pier according to the November 2013 listing you reference: 5/12/2014 5:00 5/12/2014 18:00 Royal Princess c330 Maersk Broker Agency K/S Can you tell me the pier and what is around it (we'll be arriving the morning of our cruise and should have some time to walk about from the ship (once we discover the best/least expensive way to get from the airport to port.) Thanks!

Edited by 50by50

• 2 weeks later...

C330 is the new cruise terminal, its not yet announced what kind of transportation there will be offered.

Today only 2 busses every hour departs from the nearest bus stop "UNICEF" on the 26 route on a week day but not at weekends

Its not in walking distance, type Oceankaj on google maps and see what I mean. :-D

Edited by Danish viking

C330 is the new cruise terminal, its not yet announced what kind of transportation there will be offered.

Today only 2 busses every hour departs from the nearest bus stop "UNICEF" on the 26 route on a week day but not at weekends

Its not in walking distance, type Oceankaj on google maps and see what I mean. :-D

Thanks, Danish Viking, Grateful for your response. Looks like it'll be a bit of a challenge for us to get to the ship. Would appreciate hearing about inexpensive public transprtation from/to the airport to this new cruise terminal as the info becomes available. Cheers! And Happy Thanksgiving!

I think the bus schedules are announced in mid January so hopefully some info will be available there.

But isn't your departure a Monday, because then you can use the bus 2 times every hour.

The bus departs from Østerport most of the day at XX:30 and XX:50 and it takes aprox 5-10 minutes to get to the cruise terminal, but only on a regular weekday so no weekends or public holidays.

Edited by Danish viking

I'm sure you've answered this question but I'm a bit pressed for time and cannot go through the entire thread. So please forgive me for asking a repetitious question which is: We'll be arriving in Copenhagen on 5/14 staying for three nights, hotel close to airport. What kind of pass would be most economical for us? The city pass or the clipcard? We're planning on using public transportation a lot since my DH cannot walk long distances any more. Thank you for being so helpful to us cruisers. We'll need to get to the cruise terminal to sail on Legend of the Seas on 5/17.

If you only need transportation from the airport to the town and transportation around the downtown area then the City Pass is the best.

Its costing 190 DKK and is valid for 72 hours.

The advantage is that you don´t have to stamp the card every time you need it.

A Clipcard for 2 zones (single trip) costs 150 DKK and has 10 trips on the card.

If you are planning on visiting many attractions and museums then a Copenhagen Card is the better option.

A 72 hour card is 529 DKK, this card covers transportation in the entire capital area so you can visit Frederikborg and Kronborg Castles, the viking museum in Roskilde or the open air museum in Sorgenfri.

http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0

I'm on page 8 of this wonderful thread and plan to read it in it's entirety.

We're runners - which area would you recommend staying that would allow for a low traffic run. about 8Km? Is it possible to run along some of the canals?

Hope this hasn't been asked - a quick thread search of "running" as a key word didn't help (got all the messages about bus runs).

Edited by buggins0402

Danish V, another question, please. How easy or how difficult it is to reach the Karen Blixen house and museum by public transportation? Have you ever visited her house? Thank you.

I am not Danish Viking but I had a look at the Blixen house website.

http://blixen.dk/besog-museet/praktisk-info/

Med offentlig transport er det letteste at tage kystbanen til Rungsted Kyst st. Herfra er der 15-20 minutters gang til museet eller der er mulighed for at tage bus 388,

der kører næsten lige til indgangen. Bus 388 har også forbindelse i den anden retning til Klampenborg st. og Lyngby st.

Take kystbanen (the coastal rail) to Rungstedt Kyst st., from there it is a 15-20 walk to the museum.

From Rungstedt Kyst station, you could also go with bus 388 which stops almost at the entrance of the museum.

https://maps.google.se/maps?saddr=%C3%98stre+Stationsvej&daddr=55.882568,12.532399+to:Rungsted+Strandvej+111,+2960+Rungsted+Kyst,+Danmark&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&sll=55.884035,12.536655&sspn=0.005428,0.016512&geocode=FaO0VAMdwTi_AA%3BFUizVAMdrzq_ACmTEGCjqElSRjFt5eU7OhKrKQ%3BFau2VAMdnWW_AClLLBbvo0lSRjHvni2vUW8PSA&oq=Rungsted+Strandvej+111+%E2%80%A2+2960+Rungsted+Kyst+&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&via=1&z=17

Edited by Desdichado62

I'm on page 8 of this wonderful thread and plan to read it in it's entirety.

We're runners - which area would you recommend staying that would allow for a low traffic run. about 8Km? Is it possible to run along some of the canals?

Hope this hasn't been asked - a quick thread search of "running" as a key word didn't help (got all the messages about bus runs).

The runners tend to go around the lakes Sankt Jørgens Sø, Peblinge Sø and Sortedams Sø.

This will give you 6 kilometres + the distance to and from your hotel.

http://map.krak.dk/m/nwBKq

The runners tend to go around the lakes Sankt Jørgens Sø, Peblinge Sø and Sortedams Sø.

This will give you 6 kilometres + the distance to and from your hotel.

http://map.krak.dk/m/nwBKq

Looks perfect. We can do an additional loop of one of the lakes (had looked at a map and didn't realize those were lakes - thought they were canals).

Will probably book the Clarion Mayfair or Radisson Royal - they both look to be close to the running and the train station.

Thanks so much for the link and info!

Edited by buggins0402

Danish viking & others:

For our trip next August, we have 4 adults in our party, each with a large suitcase and a carry-on. Would we be able to get from the airport into one cab or would you recommend another means of travel to get into town for a pre-cruise stay?

We need to find a not-to-expensive hotel (preferably with a/x) in central Copenhagen. Any up-to-date suggestions, given the ongoing construction?

From the hotel, we will need to get to Flex Terminal, Pier 245 where Royal Princess is supposedly docking. Is this far from the central area? We will also need to get there by cab or other means.

Thanks in advance!

Danish viking & others:

For our trip next August, we have 4 adults in our party, each with a large suitcase and a carry-on. Would we be able to get from the airport into one cab or would you recommend another means of travel to get into town for a pre-cruise stay?

Thanks in advance!

They do have taxi vans should be fine for 4

I would look on trip advisor for hotels in your budget range ...not too many have a/c

Danish Viking: You are such a blessing to this world.......:)

Will be buying the 24 Hr City Pass and visiting a ton of your recommendations.

What do you think of "rejseplanen.dk" recommended route to get us from the Airport Hilton Hotel to a cruise ship docked at C330 via " At Lufthavnen st (Metro): take the Metro M-2 to Norresport st stop; walk to train station and take the S-Tog A,B, or C to Nordhavn st stop"?

Thanks in advance for all of your help and advice. - Minuteman III

Danish viking & others:

We need to find a not-to-expensive hotel (preferably with a/x) in central Copenhagen. Any up-to-date suggestions, given the ongoing construction?

From the hotel, we will need to get to Flex Terminal, Pier 245 where Royal Princess is supposedly docking. Is this far from the central area? We will also need to get there by cab or other means.

Thanks in advance!

A big van should be enough, just go to the dedicated line for vans.

The cruise terminal is here.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?q=Sundkaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.709416,12.599216&spn=0.007858,0.01929&sll=55.710335,12.600136&sspn=0.007858,0.01929&oq=sundkaj&t=h&hnear=Sundkaj,+2100+K%C3%B8benhavn,+Nordhavn&z=16

A taxi is off course the better option in order to get from your hotel to the cruise terminal but its possible to walk from Nordhavn station.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Nordhavn+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Sundkaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.707929,12.594495&sspn=0.007858,0.01929&geocode=FRAAUgMdFR7AACkNFsfZ7lJSRjGbh0DwCZFRdw%3BFesOUgMdrD_AACmJpV1o6lJSRjGgYlfaBHOLnw&oq=nordh&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=16

If you wan´t to avoid the metro construction then you should avoid Kongens Nytorv and/or Town Hall Square.

Danish Viking: You are such a blessing to this world.......:)

Will be buying the 24 Hr City Pass and visiting a ton of your recommendations.

What do you think of "rejseplanen.dk" recommended route to get us from the Airport Hilton Hotel to a cruise ship docked at C330 via " At Lufthavnen st (Metro): take the Metro M-2 to Norresport st stop; walk to train station and take the S-Tog A,B, or C to Nordhavn st stop"?

Thanks in advance for all of your help and advice. - Minuteman III

There is a long walking distance from Nordhavn station to the new cruise terminal.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Nordhavn+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=oceankaj&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.713042,12.608271&spn=0.015714,0.038581&sll=55.707929,12.594498&sspn=0.007858,0.01929&geocode=FRAAUgMdFR7AACkNFsfZ7lJSRjGbh0DwCZFRdw%3BFZYnUgMd_Z_AACkhIFRIuFJSRjHuugE7rtYlUQ&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=15

Danish Viking,

Six of us have rented a house at this address 8 Lemnosvej

Amagerbro, Copenhagen in May after our cruise.

Can you advise me in the best way to get there and also the best way to the airport after our visit?

Thanks for all your invaluable information. I am glued to this thread.

Angie

Its only a 12 minute walk from Amager Strand metro station, this one is located on the M2 airport line.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Amager+Strand+st+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=55.6542516,12.6233431+to:Lemnosvej+8,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.654614,12.626274&sspn=0.007869,0.01929&geocode=FUdAUQMdIL7AACl5lAatu6xTRjHMAMP3fXGVTA%3BFWs3UQMd753AAClZz74vsKxTRjGhWMMjRJgROQ%3BFUIxUQMdxZTAAClpDdlKrqxTRjGTCxfL3W8fXw&oq=amager+strand&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=16&via=1&z=16

Transport from your cruise ship and to the address depends on day of the week and which cruise terminal your ship is docked at.

When you post these informations I will be in a better position to help you.