WARNING....Glory Tours

cammie10

While I've been trying to give Sarah the benefit of the doubt, having seen these posts, I feel like it is my duty to add my story so that others are fully informed.

When I made my reservation, about a month before our cruise, my Visa card was charged in full for 2 tours (my husband and me). About a week before my cruise, and without me noticing it, my Visa card was charged again for another tour. While actually on the tour, our tourguide pointed out that our receipt only said that we'd paid half (or for one tour). Since I couldn't remember what had gone through on the Visa, I paid for another tour in cash. Upon returning home and realizing that we now had paid for 4 tours, I sent an email to Sarah. After many exchanges, a credit went through on my Visa for a little less than half of what we were owed. Repeated contacts regarding the remainder of the credit have largely been ignored.

Our cruise was the first week in April! My first email to Sarah was 2 days after we got home. It has been about 3 1/2 months! :mad: Admittedly, sometimes large amounts of time have passed between my emails to Sarah -- I simply don't have the time to deal with this every day.

The tour really was wonderful. We had a great time. I am inclined to sympathy for Sarah, if she is truly unwell. However, in that circumstance, the company should hire additional help to fill in for her. The current state of affairs is simply unacceptable.

I am heartened to hear that Wentworth received a credit within the last week -- at least I know the company hasn't gone out of business. And I hadn't thought of filing a fraud report with my credit card, so am glad for the suggestion.

Sunski:

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat as the rest on this thread. I finally got my reversal as did some others but not before about a three month lapse. Hope you get yours cleared up quickly. We also enjoyed our tour immensely, but not at the price we had to pay. Hope Glory Tours straightens out soon.

I was on the tour with Cammie and may have been the first in our group to find the "error"..I filed a fraud claim after just 3 weeks of trying to resolve with Sara...

If you file a claim you then should not have the unpaid amount effect your credit rating on your card..check the details with your cc company. If there are enough complains to the cc compaines they may remove her right to except cards....percentage of business not the volume is what they would be looking at.

Hoped she had resloved this issue since I also enjoyed the tour and would like to tour with her again if the oportunity came along again but alas cash would be the way to go....this experience makes me question giving tour companies my cc card for my trip next March.

• 3 weeks later...
Meanwhile our account is being chrged interest too.

Missyal

If you have reported the dispute in writing to your credit card company within 30 days of discovering the extra charges, you will not be charged interest on the disputed charges while the case is being resolved. If you find that you are being charged interest on a disputed item, you need to call your credit card company and have them removed. Be aware, however, that if the dispute is not resolved in your favor, all the accrued interest will be applied retroactively to the resulting charge. Good luck.

Hi everyone

As I have mentioned the credit card problems have been resolved. The situation occurred when we had 3 cards the where charged 50% then 50% then the guest paid 50% on the tour.

I was concerned about getting more so I changed the system the new system initially ran all the balances in the system for those who had made a 50% deposit so when that guest came and paid another 50% it meant they paid 150% for a tour.

It has taken a long time to get this sorted out because it all happened at the same time I was dealing with health issues.

I have apologized about it and continue to do so.

I also repeat that anyone who receives duplicate billing any time after the 15th of July 2005 will obtain not only a refund for any overcharge but there whole tour would be refunded and our services will be provided to them free of cost.

I have no problem saying this as I know our system is in tip top shape now.

I thank you for all your support and patience in dealing with this unfortunate matter

Hi Cammie

Thank you so much :)

I will ask some of our customers off of the cruises to post there reviews on the board so that everyone can see erything is running smothly now.

I have had the pleasure of meeting many wonderfull people through Cruise Critic and I look foward to meeting and serving even more

Once again thank you Cammie

I just went online and booked the Best Of Barbados tour for 4 of us on 9/7 (two couples using 2 different credit cards). I don't anticipate any issues with over billing. It appears to me that Sarah has taken the necessary steps correct her billing systems and to make amends to all those effected.

I have read nothing but great reviews on the tour itself and I am really looking forward to having a wonderful time. When we return I will post a follow-up review which I'm sure will be a great one.

Everyone has had some sort of computer problems in their life. Sarah is no exception. She had a computer/system issue and she took care of it. I think it's time to let what happened in the past go away and let Sarah get on with what she does best ..... giving great tours of Barbados.

Sarah, I look forward to meeting you on 9/7.

This is just my experience, since many seem to have had problems with this company. Our having them do our tour was accidental, but ended up working out.

We just returned from the Southern Caribbean and did an island tour with Glory Tours. It was via a third party, but the service was great.

Our driver was hilarious, and got us to Harrison’s Caves before the hoards of big buses came. We were actually took the first cave tour of the day.

He also answered all of our questions and made our day on the island a real treat.

I would most def. book with them again in the future, should I return to Barbados.

I just have to tell you all that I STILL have not received my refund. We are almost 5 months from my tour. The tour was great. The company has not been. Keep this in mind when you listen to promises of refunds . . . .

Hi Sunski

I am not sure about exactly who you are sorry with the screen names it is hard to tell I do know I have 2 guest who emailed me stating they have not seen there credit card refund I have askes both of them a few days ago to email me with a fax number and I will be happy to fax them a copy of there return. I have not recieved a responce from ither email.

Perhaps you can email me if you are one of those 2 guest if not please email me and I will speedily deal with this matter :)

Best Regards

Sarah

my boyfriend and i took the best of barbados tour with glory tours and i would recommend it to anyone going to barbados. the tour guide (i think his name was ricky or rakeem or something to that effect) was very very knowledgable and willing to stop for us to take pictures. the person who drove the glass bottom boat was very knowledgeable about the waters, area and the animals... both were friendly and wonderful to meet. slight misunderstanding at first with price total on confirmation sheet, but it was in barbados currency and it was fixed by sarah within 2 days after emailing her and bringing it to her attention.

like i stated before, it was a great tour, great value for the money, and i would recommend it to anyone cruising or vacationing to barbados.

((thank you sarah))

• 1 month later...

As everyone can see we have had these problems sorted out and all the refunds months ago and we have toured many many cruisers since then. :D

As I have said many times these issues are way behind us. There are several post by guest who have toured with us since this time and I am sure that they can attest to the fact that they had no problem with there cards.:)

Nearly a year ago, in December 2004 I booked a tour with Glory and at the time it was 85.00 us BUT it worth it!

-pick up at the boat

-Harrison Cave

-Animal park

-snorkling at a wreck

-snorkling with the turtle

-Great lunch (flying fish) in a ticipal restaurant

-Return to the ship.

That was one of my best tour on my southern carribean cruise.

But I got charge TWICE as well and that is nealy one ear ago!

I contact Sarah and she credit me quit quickly.

And I come to that Barbados board because I am going back there next jan. and I read the same story that happen again!

It seems to happen quiet often!

I would still recommend the tour and if you get charge double ...just call Sarah.

Best

Frank

This is for Sarah...

I have emailed you twice about my 3 bookings for Dec. 23/05 and have not had a response. You had sent me a confirmation but the date on it is July 22/05. I would like it changed and emailed to me for Dec. 23rd as stated on our back and forth email exchanges. I have already paid for this tour and I don't want to show up with a booking for July 22nd and be turned down.

Sarah, you were very prompt when I emailed you before booking but since I've booked with Glory tours you have mysteriously stopped emailing prompt replys. My first email to you about this problem was Oct. 22/05. I am starting to wonder whether I should have booked.

Cori

It is with relief that I received my new confirmation last night from Glory tours.

I have to say thank you to these message boards. They are a great tool for finding awsome adventures and warnings of things gone bad. I was was a bit worried about not hearing back from Glory tours but I know that most of the tour companies keep an eye on what is said on this site (and others). I look forward to my tour and thank you Sarah for sending me my new confirmation. Now I can continue to be excited about my Barbados adventure.

Regards,

Cori

• 1 month later...

We just toured with Glory Tours last week, and it was WONDERFUL. No billing problems! Ricky was our guide and he did everything to make our day most memorable. Sarah even called us while we were on tour to check if everything was going well. A great combination of things to do during the day...we especially enjoyed the wild life reserve. The monkeys were very entertaining. Book with Glory, you won't be disappointed!

Archived