WARNING....Glory Tours

cammie10

Where are the folks at Glory Tours - We have emailed twice with no response.

We may have to look elsewhere as time is short.

Moya

they got back to me within a few days... did you try calling them? you can find their number online and you can call using a calling card...

My sister pointed this thread out to me. We had problems nearly a year ago. Part was the tour itself and part was finances. My main problem is that Sarah's "computer was having problems" so they did not come to pick us up at the gate until we called. We were quite late getting started. Nor could we do the water activities at the end (weather?) so the tour itself was not that great though what we did was nice. My sister handled the finances and seem to remember she had a go-around afterwards too but believe it was finally straightened out. Believe it also had to do with a credit card charge.

As I mentioned this was the only real problem on our southern Caribbean tour.

Here is the thread I started that time:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=145028

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a confirmation from Sarah at Glory Tours. SHe was quick to reply with all the questions and when I finally completed the reservation, she replied once stating that I was going to get a confirmation by the next afternoon. I have not heard back from since. I have expressed concerns in my email and asked to let me know what is happening. No replies, I am feeling ignored and considering calling my credit card company at this point. I am quite concerned about the whole credit card issues that she has had in the past. I went against what some of the negative postings stated, however, I am second guessing myself at this point whether I have made the right decision. Thank you in advance for your replies.:(

I am the sister of Dralston who wrote the previous post. I experienced a lot of problems with Glory Tours about a year ago. As he stated, we were not even picked up for our tour. Another couple on the tour was finally able to locate a phone and call Sarah. She wasn't aware that there was a tour scheduled because she had computer problems a couple of days previous and it hadn't been fixed yet. We aren't quite sure why they didn't at least send someone over to where we were to check to see if they had a tour scheduled. Sarah actually came over and picked us up herself and took us to our first stop. While there, she collected the balance of the tour from us and the other two couples on the tour. I paid in cash and unfortunately didn't obtain a receipt.

After our cruise, I discovered that I had again been charged on my credit card for what I had thought I had paid in cash. (Had previously pd the deposit by credit card before the cruise). I emailed her and explained the error. She said she would credit my card. Nothing showed up so I emailed her again. She said it had been taken care of and would fax me a copy of the receipt. I never received anything. By that time I contacted my credit card company and they said that I had to have proof that I had previously paid this. Of course, I didn't have any. Every time I would email her asking about it, she would say it was taken care of. The credit finally showed up on my statement about two weeks later.

I have read some of the boards since that time and see where other people experienced similar problems. There also seem to be many that thoroughly enjoyed the tour and didn't experience any problems. We, unfortunately, didn't have a good experience with Glory Tours. Sarah did give us a discount for the parts of the tour we had to cancel because of time and weather.

Good Luck!

We went with Glory tours on 26th January and had a great time. We were charged correctly. It did take at least a week for Sarah to come back after I had booked on the website. In fact I asked on this board what was happening and told her to contact me urgently which she did.

Just be careful not to miss the bus. We were waiting near the seats at the Diamond International roundabout and had been told on the ticket that someone from Glory Tours would be holding a board. There was no-one with a board, the Glory tours driver parked his bus and just stood near the roundabout. In fact we would have missed the driver had we not heard another group ask the port authority security guard about Glory tours.

Archived