Discount for State residents?

slyster

Hi...I'm just wondering something. I am not sure of this, but I thought I heard that there were sometimes sales or discounts for residents of Florida or even Puerto Rico when they cruise last minute? It's been a while, but I just thought I read that somewhere and to be honest, it may not have been RCI?

I'm asking because I live in Maryland and I don't usually see discounts for the ships departing from the Baltimore pier. I'm just wondering if these resident discounts do happen and if so, how do they ususally come up or appear? Thanks in advance....

Hi...I'm just wondering something. I am not sure of this, but I thought I heard that there were sometimes sales or discounts for residents of Florida or even Puerto Rico when they cruise last minute? It's been a while, but I just thought I read that somewhere and to be honest, it may not have been RCI?

I'm asking because I live in Maryland and I don't usually see discounts for the ships departing from the Baltimore pier. I'm just wondering if these resident discounts do happen and if so, how do they ususally come up or appear? Thanks in advance....

Yes, there are discounts given for residents of specific states / provinces. The only way I know of to find them is to do a mock booking on Royal's website and make sure you select your state, along with senior, military, and law enforcement status. Unfortunately, the prices displayed on the website no longer display the type of discount that applies, but the word "Deal" will be displayed if the price is one of the special discounts.

I have found if you go to the rci website, select advanced search, enter your state and then go down, it brings up only cruises that have your state discount.

If you go to departure port and then select Baltimore, there are currently 4 cruises (5 sailings) with MD state discounts that will be listed.

If you go on some TA websites, create an email account, you can see the different discounts (regional, senior, military). Their prices are the same as RCCL and you don't actually have to book through them. But you will see the "regional" deals. We live in GA and there is always regional deals to the Caribbean for us. I am over 55, retired military, and an airline employee. I qualify for "regional," "military," "senior," and "interline." Interline is only bookable through a TA, but RCCL will book the other 3. Also interline is not eligible for Crown and Anchor discounts, but the other 3 still are (I believe).

I have found if you go to the rci website, select advanced search, enter your state and then go down, it brings up only cruises that have your state discount.

If you go to departure port and then select Baltimore, there are currently 4 cruises (5 sailings) with MD state discounts that will be listed.

So, I'll admit...this seems the simpliest way :-). I found the 4 bookings you were referring to. So, this means they are resident discounts? Is there anything on the booking that indicates it's a discounted booking? Just wondering how you know it's a MD state discount?

I guess I can also assume I can't use the MD discount if there is offer and I have already booked? I did apply the $150 cabin discount from the saving certificate so I'm assuming I can either use a MD discount or a saving certificate, not both?

So, I'll admit...this seems the simpliest way :-). I found the 4 bookings you were referring to. So, this means they are resident discounts? Is there anything on the booking that indicates it's a discounted booking? Just wondering how you know it's a MD state discount?

I guess I can also assume I can't use the MD discount if there is offer and I have already booked? I did apply the $150 cabin discount from the saving certificate so I'm assuming I can either use a MD discount or a saving certificate, not both?

You can combine the rate from a residency (or senior, military, or law enforcement) discount with all C&A benefits, including a savings certificate. Also, if you find you have a booked cruise in which a residency discount has become available, you can call and get your price adjusted.

Once you are booked, you can get a copy of Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This will show the kind of rate under which you are booked.

The only way (at least that I am aware of) to see what categories trigger what discount is to do mock bookings with each one checked alone to see the resulting pricing then compare to a mock booking with all applicable checked together. But as previously posted, they will all be used in conjunction (if more than one criteria provides a discount), so the best way to assure any maximum discount is to check all applicable categories each time you do a mock booking.

I have a NC residency discount on an upcoming Med cruise. I knew there was a discount because when I first went on the RCCL website to look up the cruise I was interested in, it gave a starting price of $899 for a balcony. When I chose "Book Now" and did a mock booking with all my information input, including the state of residency, the discounted starting price of $799 came up. When I spoke to a rep, they told me the price dropped because of the residency discount.

So you will be able to tell just by looking first at the "list" price and then do a mock booking and look at the starting price then. Of course, you will need to compare the rate prior to taxes and fees.

And if you're wondering how I get a NC discount and live in SC, it's because my friend I'm sailing with lives in NC. :-)

You can combine the rate from a residency (or senior, military, or law enforcement) discount with all C&A benefits, including a savings certificate. Also, if you find you have a booked cruise in which a residency discount has become available, you can call and get your price adjusted.

Once you are booked, you can get a copy of Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This will show the kind of rate under which you are booked.

Now that is great!

I'll admit, I always put Maryland in as my state and I have never seen a discount come up, but then again, when I say never, I was probably looking for something that just didn't say "deal" but more along the lines of this being a "discounted" cruise as a maryland resident.

thanks to everyone for your feedback....

Now that is great!

I'll admit, I always put Maryland in as my state and I have never seen a discount come up, but then again, when I say never, I was probably looking for something that just didn't say "deal" but more along the lines of this being a "discounted" cruise as a maryland resident.

thanks to everyone for your feedback....

A couple of years ago, Royal's website would clearly indicate if a price was a senior discount, residency discount, etc. When they redesigned the website, they apparently decided that was too much information for us, and it was removed.

Archived