Upgrade

trutru

How much would an upgrade be ? we are in 4 and im thinking with my hubby being poorly a 5/6 may be better as near to things , i put this on my other thread lol couldnt find new thread but got it now .Sorry it takes me a while to work things out lol x:confused::)

Trutru, it's something I haven't done before, but I have read here or it could have been on Thomson's board where some cruisers get a call to upgrade a few weeks before they sail offering upgrades £39? but can't remember :confused: but not a clue how you would go about requesting one, have you tried who you booked it off to see if they could help.

You are near a lift anyway which is handy :)

RR

When we booked 4 we asked how much the next one up 5or 6 and she said to go to 5 would be £150 each lol we said no and like you said went by the lifts , but on here some were i saw it realy cheap ,now i know how didnt relise so i think we will stay put and if we get a phone call for that price near the time we will do it if not stay put . Thanks for info hun .x:)

but I have read here or it could have been on Thomson's board where some cruisers get a call to upgrade a few weeks before they sail offering upgrades £39?

You'll start a war saying things like that :D

See this thread from just yesterday, cruisers getting a call for a cabin upgrade, at a cost higher than the current online price :eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1776402

I would not hold my breath on getting a cheap cabin upgrade, rarer than hen's teeth.

Thank you Sodafountain .I think im staying were we are lol im panicking a little as never been on a cruise but excited too ,all this extra stuff confuses me lol i just want to get things right ,im so glad you are all here to help i would be a wreck by now lol .:)

Yes, don't stress out about getting things right. It seems daunting but the way everything is set up means that its really straightforward once you start your holiday. You can't go wrong. You'll probably find that there will be some things you will do differently next time (and there will be a next time), but as long as you get yourself to the airport on time at the start of the holiday then the rest runs like clockwork.

Thank you RR, Grez, AND Eko , you all are so lovely im just counting the days lol this cruise is very special to us ,we promised each other a cruise 12 years ago our 10th wedding anniversery was last year oct but because of hubbys illness we couldnt go so its a bit late but weve booked it at last its been a long time comming ,im not going to worry ive got all of you for help so im calm and excited xxxxxxx:)

Forget all about worrying, just expect the cabin to be like a caravan holiday and you won't go far wrong, lol. Everything else is great, and is a well oiled machine. You are totally safe and secure onboard and you don't have to walk far for the entertainment, no wandering past dodgy 18-30's bars in a resort. If you get hungry late at night there's always something to eat in the Beachcomber and it's not far to go and get it. I remember we sat in the equivalent on the Celebration at 2 in the morning when we couldn't sleep and it was wonderful leaving Istanbul in the dark with all the ships gliding by in the opposite direction on their way through the straights. Magical, and well worth leaving six hours late for.:)

Now, time to shop for the holiday clothes.:D;)

Actually, if you go on Thomson forum there's a thread called '5 things you wish you'd known on your first cruise' that has dozens of great tips. I'll go over there and bump it up for you.

Jan

Hi Ecko that thread of 5 things is great, well good ideas ive wrote some down and will go back now and then to see if theres more lol .Thank you x:)

Lol, you'll have to ignore the silly bits a bit further down.:D:D It was never expected to be so popular but it does pick up again later on. One of the best is to take a piece of plastic to cover your clothes as they do leave the cases on the dockside for a long time and if there is a heavy shower, oops! soaking wet clothes. Not good. Thanks to Kruzseeka for that one.:)

Jan

Yes i wrote that one down and plastic bags and i thought the extention lead with 4/5 plugs on was a fab idea i allways take a little first aid kit and a sewing kit away with me and RR said thermas cups so i can make a lovely cuppa in the morning lol i cant wait to read more . xx:)

Thanks RR ,ive been shopping for our first bits lol ive got 2 plugs an extention lead and a small first aid kit but got to get some extra bits for it , im doing realy well, couldnt find a clothes peg thing but i will keep looking , im getting more excited now if ive worked it out right its 24 weeks to go hahaaahaaah . Im a nightmare .x:)

The pound shops will cater for all your needs. I don't bother washing anything, I take enough to cover a week and bring all the dirty stuff back. The only time I did laundry was on the Celebration as they have a launderette and we were going on to a hotel for a week. That worked well.:)

Jan

Awwwww thats a shame RR it would be great to meet someone from on here, im going to be a bit nervers so i will need a few drinks lol we allready spoted The Pub think it looks fab fun we will prob be in there every night lol :)

Archived