Easter cruise

scarby

Going to be on the Emerald over the Easter holidays. We are stopping in Antigua on Saturday before Easter and St. Lucia on Easter Sunday. Does anyone know if the shops and tours will be closed these days? I posted here on the various islands and another person posted on our roll call several weeks ago with no answers. Just trying to plan ahead. Thanks!!

Some national parks and museums may be closed, but most tourist-reliant businesses near the docks will treat it as any other weekend. It is up to each individual tour operator if they want Easter Sunday off. I'm sure the ship will find sufficient numbers to run their excursions; if you are planning on finding an independent tour, best to reserve one in advance.

There have been fewer reported issues with closures on religious holidays (Christmas day, Easter Sunday) than on weekday bank holdiays, when families take the day off of work because schools are closed. In most of the Commonwealth Nations Good Friday and Easter Monday are bank holidays. You didn't specify, but if you are in port those days you may actually find more closures than on Easter Sunday.

Some national parks and museums may be closed, but most tourist-reliant businesses near the docks will treat it as any other weekend. It is up to each individual tour operator if they want Easter Sunday off. I'm sure the ship will find sufficient numbers to run their excursions; if you are planning on finding an independent tour, best to reserve one in advance.

There have been fewer reported issues with closures on religious holidays (Christmas day, Easter Sunday) than on weekday bank holdiays, when families take the day off of work because schools are closed. In most of the Commonwealth Nations Good Friday and Easter Monday are bank holidays. You didn't specify, but if you are in port those days you may actually find more closures than on Easter Sunday.

Thank you for your reply! Good Friday is sea day and Easter Monday we are in Barbados and we already have an excursion already booked.

Thank you for your reply! Good Friday is sea day and Easter Monday we are in Barbados and we already have an excursion already booked.

Wow, I should probably read what I write before I post lol.

Good thing you have an excursion booked in Barbados. From experience, Barbados is closed on Easter Monday. Kinda weird to walk through town and see almost nobody.

Been to Barbados twice, once on Easter Monday, once New Years day. Maybe one of these days I'll make it there when the country is open :).

Archived