My attempt at a review. Allure of the Seas 1-20-13

slh182

I notice the OP mentioned that they had to wait for 2 hours at customs as they were not american citizens, is this the same leaving the ship? I am in the process of booking a back to back on the allure and our indirect flight on the way back is from Fort Lauderdale to New York Newark which leaves at 1.45pm, would this be ok given that we are from the UK and not American citizens and might have to wait a while? I believe the airport is only 5 mins from the cruise terminal?

Everyone uses the same lines in port everglades going thru CBP.

The pop in the freestyle coke machines tasted like canned pop, you couldn’t tell that it was fountain. I expected it to be watered down but it wasn’t. Here’s a strange thing that I noticed not only on the Allure but the Liberty as well. If you go to a bar or restaurant and get soda from a tap, there’s a funny weird taste to it. I’m not sure what that taste was, but it was gross. Has anyone else noticed this?

Someone on another review was saying that the coke machines were hard to use, but I didn’t find that at all. You put your mug down, press the drink you want and it pours it out into the cup.

DSC02755_zps68534541.jpg

We too have noticed the strange taste. I had a harder time in getting ice. I was thinking it was out, but DW always figured it out. Operator error I guess;).

I do love the root beer, as I am a RB fan. The flavoured water is a good switch from pop too.

As for your attempted review, you are doing a great job!!

Andrew

You are doing great with the review!!!! :)

Thank you very much. Everyones kind words mean a lot to me.

We too have noticed the strange taste. I had a harder time in getting ice. I was thinking it was out, but DW always figured it out. Operator error I guess;).

I do love the root beer, as I am a RB fan. The flavoured water is a good switch from pop too.

As for your attempted review, you are doing a great job!!

Andrew

I'm glad I'm not the only one that found the pop to taste weird. I love root beer as well, but for some reason during the cruise I drank sprite lol. DH loved all of the different flavours that they had though, he said he wanted one in our house lol.

I saw someone refilling the ice in the machine and he said he had to change it every 20 minutes lol. The bucket of ice he put into the machine looked very small. I never had a problem getting it though. The only problem with ice I had is it would come flying out and hit me a few times.

Thank you for your compliment. I am trying my hardest. This may take a bit more time than I planned, but I will get it done.

I love your review so far. No apologies necessary. Your views are very valuable.:cool:

Thank you :) I'm glad you're loving it. I sometimes apologize too much lol. Overall the cruise was awesome! There were just some small things that I didn't like, but that doesn't I didn't love the Allure. She was just a bit too crowded for me. I would love to see a freedom class ship have all of the cool things that the allure and oasis have, like a zip line and a comedy show.

Love your review!

I was on the Oasis last November and also purchased the soda-pass. When I put my mug into the freestyle-machine, there appeared the following on the display: Valid until November 24, 2012. That was the arrival-day in Fort Lauderdale. After breakfast, I filled my mug the last time before disembarkation. It worked. So this was different from your experience.

What's also interesting: I purchased the soda-pass online from the European RCCL-website. The price was 35 Swiss Franks. That equals about 38 USD. :)

Does anyone know if they have a car in the royal promenade on every ship? I remember seeing one on the Liberty as well. They are very cool.

Explorer has a motorcycle on the promenade, but maybe since its a smaller ship, they didn't have room for a car.:rolleyes:

Hi thanks for the great review. I noticed you were in cabin 7166. We are in the same cabin number but a few decks up. I see that you say the cabin was noisy due to location near elevators. Could you please tell me more and whether it was enough to spoil your enjoyment at all. Many thanks

You have false modesty! You're an excellent writer and your pictures are fantastic. Good luck with the baby...I have no doubt you'll find out you're pregnant when you least expect it. A friend of ours went through the same thing and finally gave up her dream of having a baby. Sure enough, about two months later she found out she was pregnant!

Thanks to Gambee for the directions on how to get there. We sat on rocks on the beach. It was a bit confusing to get there though. We parked at a church and walked down a pathway to the beach. It was so very sad to see the Allure leave without us.

You're welcome, thanks for sharing your review with us. I enjoy reading others adventures on this wonderful ship :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived