Carambola Beach Club - Just Back

themutis

We spent last Wednesday at the Carambola Beach Club and had a wonderful time.

Taxi from the port was 4.00/person as the van was full. We stopped at the Marriott on the way there to drop some people off and were on the beach in about 20 minutes.

We had reserved two chairs and an umbrella ahead of time by emailing them directly (they were very responsive). We arrived and were lead to our chairs which had nice pads as well as a nice umbrella. We paid 30.00 for this.

There were beach waitresses who made sure we had drinks and food throughout the day. We were told the sandwiches were large and could be shared, and we ordered a Chicken BLT which was very good. Bathrooms were very clean.

When it was time to leave, being just the two of us, it cost a total of 16.00 back to the port. We had a wonderful day!

The view from our chairs!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

View of the Beach Club

ry%3D400

The Star Clipper also anchored in front of this bay

ry%3D400

I reserved by emailing and they did not require any pre-payment. When I arrive my name was on a list and my chairs were waiting.

If I recall, local beers were 3.00, imported 6.00, burgers 16.00, Chicken BLT was 16.00. Sandwiches came with fries and we split a sandwich.

We reserved two weeks before the cruise (it was a very last minute cruise for us). We arrived around 10:45 - I'm not sure when they opened, but when we got there, there were already quite a few people - but our chair was saved :)

It was a very relaxing day. Enjoy

I will be going in a few months, and I noticed in a video of the resort a couple in a day bed on the beach. I inquired about the availability, and they are $40 for the day, and can be reserved. They said they have a cover on top (looks like large 4 poster bed), so no need for umbrulla.

So $10 more than 2 chairs and umbrulla, I thought it was worth a splurge.

For those who have been, did you see the day beds? Were they directly on the beach as are the beach chairs? What did you think of them? I still have plenty of time to change the reservation if it's a problem.

If you google Carambola Beach Club you will find their Facebook page - then select "about" and the email address is there.... I'm not sure if we are supposed to post email addresses or not.

There were some beds with covers, but these were set back and not directly on the water. I, personally, liked the lounge chairs with the umbrella.

Thank you so much for the helpful info. We are planning on going there in April. We went to the Marriott last year. Just wondering, where did you walk to once you got off of the ship to grab a cab/shuttle and did you have to hang around waiting for the cab/shuttle to leave?

As soon as you leave the ship, there will be a group of men off to the right, they will organize a van out to the beach club. When we were ready to head back to the ship, there was a string of vans waiting in the parking lot.

As soon as you leave the ship, there will be a group of men off to the right, they will organize a van out to the beach club. When we were ready to head back to the ship, there was a string of vans waiting in the parking lot.

Thank you so much! Can't wait. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just wanted to update you on the happenings with this reservation. I did send a second email on Tuesday from a new email address. I got a reply then to my original email. The reply confirmed me for 2 chairs and one umbrella....I requested four chairs and two umbrellas. We are a party of four. I immediately responded to that email requesting the four chairs and two umbrellas. I have not heard back since tuesday morning.

Not really sure what to do next? I may send a message through FB. not the best customer service.

So, I just wanted to update you on the happenings with this reservation. I did send a second email on Tuesday from a new email address. I got a reply then to my original email. The reply confirmed me for 2 chairs and one umbrella....I requested four chairs and two umbrellas. We are a party of four. I immediately responded to that email requesting the four chairs and two umbrellas. I have not heard back since tuesday morning.

Not really sure what to do next? I may send a message through FB. not the best customer service.

Sandy,

I reserved via email. and it did take a few days to get everything cleared up. My advice is to give it a bit more time. I DID hear back and everything is all set.