Carambola Beach Club - Just Back

themutis

Has anyone received a response recently from dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com? I emailed a few days ago asking to reserve an umbrella and haven't heard back.

I just emailed her yesterday and haven't heard either. Thinking maybe it's because it's a weekend - not sure if she works standard Mon-Fri. Please post if you hear from her.

We will have my 4 yr old grandson with us on our upcoming cruise. Were there a lot of children there( if any) or is it more of an adult only beach day?

There were no children there when we went. Nothing special for kids to do. They'll have to do what we did as kids = play in the sand.lol

I just emailed her yesterday and haven't heard either. Thinking maybe it's because it's a weekend - not sure if she works standard Mon-Fri. Please post if you hear from her.

We were at Carambola last week. I emailed to reserve two lounge chairs and an umbrella on October 12, a Sunday, and received an email back on the 15th, so it took a few days to hear back.

I would highly recommend making a reservation. They hold your chairs for one hour. We made our reservation for 11 a.m. because our ship was to arrive at 10 a.m. and I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get off the ship and get there. We arrived around 10:30 or 10:45 and many loungers were already taken. They reserve the first row of loungers (right next to the water) for those with reservations; we were led to two loungers with an umbrella laid across them and a reserved sign. It costs nothing to reserve - you check-in and pay when you get there.

We walked off the ship and followed the signs to the taxi stand. Before we got there a taxi driver approached us and agreed to take just the two of us - I didn't want to wait for a van to fill up. Cost was $16. He offered to pick us up and bring us back to the port. Since we didn't want to commit to a specific pick-up time, he gave us his cell# and we had the desk at the beach club call him 15 minutes before we wanted to be picked up. There were plenty of drivers hanging out looking for fares when we left, so getting back to the port is easy.

Just sent an email to Carambola Beach Club to reserve chairs etc. for April 4 2015. Got a reply saying that they are closed that day for a private function.

Any other beaches just a nice?

mawjee

Just sent an email to Carambola Beach Club to reserve chairs etc. for April 4 2015. Got a reply saying that they are closed that day for a private function.

Any other beaches just a nice?

mawjee

The beach is South Friar's, which is OK but a little narrow. Down south at Shipwreck and some other venues it's the same beach - the amenities not quite as classy as Carambola but not nearly as expensive.

Haven't been to Cockleshell at the tip of the peninsula but plan to be there in less than a month. So I can probably report then if I don't get eaten by a shark or mongoose.

• 3 months later...

Cathy's Ocean View Bar & Grill was wonderful. It's not upscale, but the food and atmosphere were great. Tons of food for pretty good prices. Especially the grilled lobster. Drinks cheap, delicious, & strong. Fun, helpful locals that hang out there along with other tourists that are fun to chat with because everybody is enjoying themselves so much.

Cathy's Ocean View Bar & Grill was wonderful. It's not upscale, but the food and atmosphere were great. Tons of food for pretty good prices. Especially the grilled lobster. Drinks cheap, delicious, & strong. Fun, helpful locals that hang out there along with other tourists that are fun to chat with because everybody is enjoying themselves so much.

Where is Cathy's? Do they offer chair/umbrella? Cost?

Thx!

Sorry my reply took so long. Had bad luck with the system update that's been going out for android.

Here's the menu from December 14th, 2014

Cathy's Ocean View Bar & Grill

Timothy Beach

Frigate Bay

St. Kitts

485f1dda4f7fdbd2b7179d99218d5fce.jpg

b94636b26700183feef7faaecff1d5d6.jpg

9c9adf926d942f0d72225ee8028e3003.jpg

db668a265ac169cddda8ef5ece8d8afb.jpg

Looking up at Cathy's from the beach.

1374040cbe65600b3e225f0e1ed5ee20.jpg

Left

7d7db48a519821be444db290c9dfb497.jpg

6dfb21b5155131ce884d627dcfdbba84.jpg

Right

3e2c43a1673aa779c26dd3773b4858ee.jpg

We had planned on doing Carambola Beach Club. Reviews showed the service, food & facilities as fantastic, especially for the costs.

But, as you can see in our photos, it was a dreary day. I knew I wouldn't be able to sit still & just relax like I would have if it was sunny.

The Frigate Bay Strip is supposed to be very popular at most times.

Cathy. I may have been a little lit when trying to take this photo.

0db915b54d68ec5437be60a1dd601710.jpg

f98ce8bc5d21a3e5836107bcae0e1443.jpg

9efa62468f3aca802017bbc335719ad8.jpg

01d6b80cbef53197025fb628d4505d58.jpg

This family was staying on the island at a nice hotel, but chose to come here daily. They come every year & swear this is where to get the best island food.

c52618421fcb483a4aa0e8d828c54aeb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Cathy's in on the South Frigate Bay "strip".

This is exactly where our NCL shore excursion took us....after about a half hour van tour of the island.

Just wanted to let those know that are thinking of cruise sponsored excursions.....as you do end up in this same place. Beach was nice...but lots of rocks....DEF need water shoes!

We also had to walk ourselves into the facilities for drinks....no problem....but there was no waiter service.....but we DID have the monkey owners coming buy quite frequently to let you hold the monkeys, take photos, etc....which I was happy to do! And also happy to tip.....although there was quite the argument with a guest upon our leaving the facility as the quest felt that keeping these monkeys was "cruel".....I am not sure as the guy that we spoke to said that as they get a bit older, they release them as they become VERY aggresive......Guess PETA has not descended to St. Kitts as yet.....but the little monkeys that we saw with their handlers seemed to be very well cared for and content? But who knows....I just did not think that chastising one of these island natives was not my business...

Thinking of trying Carambola next trip? But for the record, we DID enjoy our time here on Frigate Bay......