Its been a while, but im back!

Im looking at goin on Allure of the Seas Sept 8th, western itinerary, How is the ship?? im goin get a balcony, which rooms do u all suggest, i would like to be on the sie that is facing the water when it docks, instead of the islands?

Any food suggestions while im onboard, do they still have a captains ball?

Thanks all!!

Welcome to Allure, my favorite ship. It is hard to predict how a ship will dock because different circumstances will impact the way a ship docks. The times we have been on Allure on the Western itinerary, the ship turns around just before it docks at Labadee. At Falmouth, it turns around also and docked on the left side of the dock. At Cozumel it was on the right side of the dock. I can't remember if it turned around before it reached the dock.

But as I say, it is hard to know with certainty which way you will be facing. Your cabin may be correct for some pports and not others.

We like to book cabins well forward to avoid smoke stack fumes which can be blown to the rear and side of the ship in certain wind conditions. However, on Allure, if your cabin is at either extreme end of the ship, you will have very long walks to your cabin. That may not matter if you are fit. It could be a challenge to those with mobility issues.

Another choice is to try to book your ocean view balcony near mid ships, which reduces much of the walking.

We enjoyed Giovanni's Table for lunch and the Solarium restaurant for breakafast and lunch. My son and DIL enjoyed Johnny Rockets. We all like Rita's Cantina. Hubby, my son and DIL enjoyed the Dog House and Park Avenue Cafe.

Im looking at goin on Allure of the Seas Sept 8th, western itinerary, How is the ship?? im goin get a balcony, which rooms do u all suggest, i would like to be on the sie that is facing the water when it docks, instead of the islands?

Most of the time, Allure and Oasis dock on the starboard side, so water side, again, most of the time, will be on the port side.

Archived