Studios/Breakaway

kollegekreed

Im very disappointed in the price structure for the studios on the Breakaway. They are all, at a minimum, $300 more pp than the inside staterooms. I understand that its still cheaper than booking an inside on your own, but I thought the whole point of these was to make rooms that didnt have a single supplement charge? I know its not Breakway specific...I actually stayed in an inside stateroom last year cheaper than it would have been to stay in the studio. Its such a great concept, I just wish they'd make the prices a little more attainable.

I agree. Also, I have been reading and hearing that these studios do not sell out very quickly. I have noticed that on Breakaway, there are roughly half the number of studios that Epic has.

Im thinking by that reduced number of studios, NCL figures they will sell out quicker than those on Epic, therefore they can ask the price. Time will tell I guess.

But I totally agree, that the purpose of these studios is to make them more affordable to the solo cruiser than the standard inside room at 200pc fare, so it really is not much benefit to save just a measly 50.00 to 100.00 dollars. Some benefit, but not much.

Still, I am eagerly awaiting my upcoming cruise on Epic, and know I will have an awesome time. Cant wait, but will have to.:)

I'm cruising for a third time in an epic studio. I love the concept, don't mind the room size, and agree its a shame it's more than an inside, but I like the studio lounge amenities nd our personal cruise director. It's my understanding that the epic studios are the first category to sell out. But, the breakaway is still a new ship.....and it's it Slam Allen in the jazz club!

I love those things, too... so I don't mind the price being a little higher than an inside. If I were staying in an inside, I wouldn't be getting a cruise staffer helping to introduce everyone to each other, set up dinner reservations, do special things for the studio group, etc. Because of that, I'd rather be part of the studio group than to be completely on my own in an inside.

Besides, I just felt cool swiping my card through the card reader to get into the studio hallway. I'm kind of a dork like that, though. XD

I know others who cruise solo for complete solitude, though, so I know the Studio Lounge meetings wouldn't really interest them.

However, I have to ask...

"...so it really is not much benefit to save just a measly 50.00 to 100.00 dollars."

...I saved a lot more than that during my cruise week in November? I paid $829 for my studio room... and an inside (which I had originally booked, since my friend and I were going to share) was $629. So if I had stayed in an inside by myself, it would have been $1258 plus taxes & fees. Over $400 more than the studio. That's not "measly" at all to me?

I guess it depends on the prices for the week of your cruise?

I have not looked at the actual pricing, but it would make sense to me for NCL to price studios about 75% of what an inside cabin with single supplement costs.

So...an inside that costs $500 per person = $1,000 for a single in that cabin so a studio would be $750.....a savings of $250 vs the inside cabin with single supplement. Isn't that about what you experienced when you did "real" pricing?

Archived