Getting the Millennium in Ensenada

svnseas

After reading several reviews that explained in detail all the trials and tribulations of getting to the dock in Ensenada ... from San Diego Airport to San diego dock, long waits for buses, hour waits at Mexican customs, etc. I decided to check out alternate transportation. We live in Encinitas (about 30 minutes by Freeway to the airport) and have been initially quoted $297 for two people in van door to dock ... for approximately a 2 1/2 hour trip total including about 10 minutes wait at the border. Nice.

Now if anyone else holds reservations for the 22 October sailing of Celebrity Millennium out of Ensenada for Hawaii .. please let us know and possibly we can share the ride and costs. We are holding reservations for Celebrity Cabin 9096.

I would check with Celebrity to see if this allowable. Check in for cruises sailing from Ensenada is in San Diego at the cruise terminal, with complimentary transportation to Ensenada. The issues with the transfer are when you disembark in Ensenada and a required to complete customs, not the south bound transit.

I did the Ensenada disembarkation in April 2012 and had no issues on our bus, other than the state of the restrooms. Yes there was a wait at the border to do customs, but we were comfortable on the bus. Short walk thru Immigration once we arrived at the border and back on the bus. Some people were not as fortunate. I think Celebrity learned a lot from how it was handled.

Will be doing the south bound to Ensenada in May to board the Solstice. South bound into Mexico should be easy, no customs, immigration. Only stops should be at the toll booths on the toll road.

Archived