Royal blue dress - Shoe color??

jacksmom09

Hi! I just bought a royal blue dress for upcoming cruise! It is above the knee and longer in back, royal lace over royal solid under layer! It is nice, but not "formal"! Will wear to steakhouse on non-formal night! Am trying to decide on shoes to go with!:confused: Any ideas??

Silver was my first thought, but then I wondered if silver was to dressy for a not quite formal dress? :confused: The dress is a not casual, but not formal either!

A silver strapy sandal will be fine. You could also do a pink or red shoe with the blue.

Black, nude or the metallic colours (silver or gold) would definitely look good, like others have suggested. If you like colour, you could go bold by pairing it with a red show. Or if you want to be more subtle, try a pink-nude shoe. It's almost like a pastel pink. I don't know how common that colour is in shoes. I'm just suggesting it because I went shoe shopping with my mom to find something to go with her navy blue dress & we found a heel in a pink-nude colour that she fell in love with. Just some ideas for you! I'm sure when you find something you love to go with it, it'll look awesome!

OP, what else are you taking? Is there a chance that a pair of shoes you're wearing with something else can do double duty?

This coming from someone who takes a pair to match every outfit.:o:D

I have a back cocktail dress that I know I am taking! Still looking for 1 more dress for formal night! So I quess silver or maybe red would go with both!

Jacks mom, you've gotten good suggestions here, do you have some shoes in the suggested colors that would be appropriate? The reason I ask is I have done personal shopping off and on for over twenty years (more off lately) and my favorite tip is to try on the dress and take a picture of it in each pair of shoes (actually, easier if someone else takes the picture ;). We have a hard time figuring out what looks good when we look down, but in a picture you can be more objective.

Whatever you choose, have a great time! Your dress sounds very pretty and one little tidbit that I learned in one of my college classes is that royal blue is the color that looks good on the largest percentage of people!

Any guesses what the color that looked good on the least amount of people???

Liz

Silver is what I wear with royal blue. IMHO, it is more stylish/trendy than colors. I've been into that color combination since last spring. Silver is not necessarily dressy anymore. It can be considered a neutral.

Archived