What's the earliest flight I can take?

twostacys

Hello,

I will be taking a cruise in October aboard the Golden Princess. This is my first cruise, so I have no idea how long it takes to disembark. We leave from San Juan. Our ship gets to port on the last day of the cruise at 6AM. The flight that I want is a 10:44AM flight. If I can't take this flight my next choice would be to either take a 4:30 PM flight or a 3PM flight with a really long layover. Both of the afternoon flights get to New Orleans at the same time. So I either sit around San Juan all day or sit in an airport for hours.

Do you think I can safely make this 10:44AM flight?

Thanks for the advice!!

Stacy

We had an 11:30 flight (American Airlines) from SJU and we were able to make it quite easily. We were past security by 9:30. Keep in mind though that this was our experience and your mileage may vary. We were on the Golden and we told the purser's desk well in advance that our flight was early, so we got "Red1" debarkation tags, letting us off first. We were off the ship by about 8:35... but remember that we may have been lucky. We took a cab rather than the cruiseline transfers. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Soemthing to consider--- October is Hurricane season. According to the air line sites you should be at the airport 2 hours before your flightleaves which will be 8:45.

Your ship is arriving at 6am but it doesnt mean you can get off at that time. You have to wait til customs clears the ship. (and everyone pays their bill) You just had a relaxing vacation. Will you be stressing about making that flight?? if so book the later one.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

OK to stay with the later flight. However, if you get to the airport well before the earlier flight ask if you can switch. Many times this can be done at no additional cost, although some airlines will assess a charge to do this. Waitlisting on the earlier flight is also possible, although with luggage this can present a problem.

Archived