? Carnival Pride Vibrations/Motion

HI everyone Im looking to get feedback from a current sailer on this ship. I sailed her 2 years ago and experienced constant shacking/rumbling which caused me allot of motion sickness. Has any one that has been on her in the past few days noticed that sensation the entire trip like I did on their sailing? Im hoping that isnt a issue with the ship itselt. I would like to sail her again next April.

We sailed her at the end of August 2012. We had an aft balcony cabin on deck 7. There was quite a bit of vibration. Also experienced much more profoundly in the MDR. However, it seemed to be only in the aft areas that you could feel it, and it wasn't a constant thing. Didn't bother me and I rarely noticed it after the first day. Guess I got used to it.

when the ship sails slow it till get a great deal of vibration / shuddering.

Because of how slow it moves to get to the first port of call you will get the vibration/ shuddering.

I suggest a cabin towards the forward/ midship

instead of midship aft.

try to get a dining table towards the aft elevator and on the upper deck of the dining room

We sailed Jan '12 and had a mid shop cabin, didnt feel it much until we had breakfast on the last sea day in the MDR and that was because we were all the way towards the aft of the ship :) It was pretty neat watching the wake out of the back window!! But other than that we were fine!

We were on the Pride just after you, and had an aft cabin on deck 6. We did notice quite a bit of motion while in the open ocean, but it didn't bother us. When you're drunk, you don't expect the floor to be holding still. ;)

That was a whole different experience from our Caribbean Princess cruise. She was having stabilizer issues, and even a midship suite on a middle deck didn't save us from a tremendously miserable night towards the end. :(

We sailed on her in April, and the only time we felt it really bad was in the Dining Room. Our butts were vibrating all throughout the meal.:o:o Had an extended balcony in 8228 & 8230, and the cabins were fine. They are mid ship ish. :)

Do you think the Pride has some type of issue that is causing you to feels so much motion?:confused:

no, its because the Pride sails VERY slowly getting to her first port.

most people will not feel that vibration coming home because it does speed up some

Archived