? dance hosts

realnurse2

I was just reading a travel section in my local paper. They claimed there were dance hosts available on the longer HAL cruises ( to dance with all us desperate female solo cruisers :eek:) I do " remember the days" but thought this was long gone. Can anyone confirm?

It's up to over 30 days now. Dance hosts used to be on all cruises over 10 days, then it was increased to over 20, and last to over 30.

As kakalina says, this does not apply when the cruise is a combination of two shorter cruises, which most of the cruises over 30 days are now.

I was just reading a travel section in my local paper. They claimed there were dance hosts available on the longer HAL cruises ( to dance with all us desperate female solo cruisers :eek:) I do " remember the days" but thought this was long gone. Can anyone confirm?

Just get me a cabin and I will be there, I do a mean fox trot, pretty good waltz, and a so so rhumba :D LOL

Yes, they still have dance hosts for cruises over 21 days in length. This does not include collectors cruises.

Tricia and I were on the 30 day Westy's Hawaii/South Pacific cruise and there were 2 gentleman that I can recall dancing with passengers.

They simply rolled up to the ladies, put a hand out and gave a little "come on" motion with their hand and the ladies always responded. Those guys had a Svengali like control! I was envious! :D

Derek

It's up to over 30 days now. Dance hosts used to be on all cruises over 10 days, then it was increased to over 20, and last to over 30. As kakalina says, this does not apply when the cruise is a combination of two shorter cruises, which most of the cruises over 30 days are now.

We had 2 gentlemen hosts on my 26 night Prinsendam Amazon cruise in 2009. However, I heard from some friends who did a cruise over 30 days in 2012, but it was considered two cruises, so they had no gentlemen hosts onboard. They didn't realize this when they booked the cruise. My friends were very disappointed, as dancing is important to them.

We had a 35 day cruise on the Voyage of the Vikings and we had some and one was very nice, he also filled in for trivia games when needed and was quite helpful and very smart. There are restrictions on what they can do of course.

I never danced with them but they were on a trivia team often and some of the passengers really grilled them about what they can and cannot do and I found it interesting to eavesdrop of their queries.

Archived