Sun Princess cabin question??

Hello-Kitty

hi there, i havent been on the Sun in years, and when i was on i had a ocean view cabin. I am now accustomed to balconies and i see that they arent anything like the newer ships, ( they seem more closed in ) anyone know any secrets w/ the cabins????

I am on hold for the 10day Eastern Caribbean in C332. Can anyone give me any advice?????

You won't find much of a difference in Balcony Cabins aboard the sun except location as they are all about the same in sq. footage and balcony size. They are also ALL totally covered. Only way to get one larger is to book a mini suite.

You are correct that they are nothing like the newer ships where it makes a difference which deck you are on, it just makes no difference on the Sun Princess.

The best location we have found in the past is the pool deck (Riviera Deck), not as busy as other decks with 1/4 of the cabins, and very accessible to the activities.

I guess it depends on what kind of advice you’re looking for. You’re right, the balconies on the Sun Class ships aren’t the same as the rest of the fleet – they are cut out of the hull instead of hanging off the side, which in effect reduces the size of the interior cabin as well. This is an issue for some people – I’ve never found it to be for myself and I’ve been sailing in balcony cabins since 1997. Since all balconies on Sun Princess have the same configuration, there’s really no advice to give…the only cabins with differences are the aft suites and mini-suites.

In my opinion, they are wonderful. The extra space makes for very pleasant cruising. The balcony is narrow, but they have reclining chairs and also a table and two chairs. My husband and I feel they are well worth the extra money. We tend to do longer than seven day cruises and have found the extra room in a mini-suite to be a real plus for us.

In my opinion, they are wonderful. The extra space makes for very pleasant cruising. The balcony is narrow, but they have reclining chairs and also a table and two chairs. My husband and I feel they are well worth the extra money. We tend to do longer than seven day cruises and have found the extra room in a mini-suite to be a real plus for us.

This is why I asked if it was a mid-ship mini or an aft mini – the room configurations are different and the balconies on the aft mini’s are much larger.

Yes, the AC minis on the sides have the long and narrow balcony with two balcony doors, one by the bed and one by the sitting area. The Aft AB category cabins are totally different. It makes a huge difference where it is an AB or an AC mini suite on the Sun Class ships.

OMGoodness help me!!!!!!! this planning is driving me nuts!!!! The other couple w/ me is going to kill me before i even book the trip. The fares are way to high for them!! UGGGG i just want to book. Okay i feel better now!! Sorry i had to vent.

I guess i am gonna take a gamble see if something better comes along for them.

Thanks on the clarification on the balconies, they are so different on the newer ships, and i havent been on the Sun in some time.

The Sun class has mini-suites that are almost the equivalent of full suites of other ships in the fleet - very spacious.

Aft mini-suite balconies on Sun class are larger than the other mini-suite balconies.

I felt the balcony was small but typical of the side balconies on other ships. Unfortunately this carve out eliminated the sofa bed in the cabin. I liked the sliding doors better than swing out we had on Mercury that made entry and exit difficult. It also allows you to keep the door open and get some fresh air.:)

I felt the balcony was small but typical of the side balconies on other ships. Unfortunately this carve out eliminated the sofa bed in the cabin. I liked the sliding doors better than swing out we had on Mercury that made entry and exit difficult. It also allows you to keep the door open and get some fresh air.:)

Princess does not have any sofas or sofa beds in their balcony cabins except on ships like the Tahitian Princess and the Pacific which were not originally made for Princess. On all but those ships in the Princess fleet, you would have to go up to a mini suite to get any type of sitting area in the cabin.

Thanks for all the replies. The cabin is midship. I had a minisuite on the Dawn last year aft and a real large balcony partially covered which was great for Alaska. So it looks like a smaller balcony this time but at least better than the straight balcony rooms. Just to be aboard ship is the greatest for me and for years I enjoyed port hole cabins on Plaza deck so anything with a balcony is pure luxury.

Archived