Very Excited - anyone else on QM2 ex Hong Kong 17 Feb?

skwrrl13

Hi all,

Well, I'm almost a first time cruiser. 1 x 14 day pacific cruise in 1985 (Fairstar) and 1 x 8 day Greek Island cruise (shame on me, I can't remember vessel name) in 1992. So after 21 years am jumping back into cruising. I guess with all the changes in the industry in that time it does make me a sort of first time cruiser!

My husband and I will be boarding QM2 in Hong Kong on 17 Feb for the 18 night cruise back to Sydney. It's a surprise birthday present (a big one) from my husband - he's been well aware that I've been a Cunard admirer since my early teens when my mum and I would head into Sydney's Circular Quay to admire the QE2 each year on her world cruise visit - never in our imagination thinking that either of us would ever board a Cunard liner. I remember back then that the QE2 was the most beautiful liner I'd ever seen. After many years of non-cruise travel, I'm immensely excited about my upcoming cruise experience.

Would love to hear from anyone who is also on the same segment of the QM2's World Cruise - Feb 17 - Mar 7.

Cheers!

Thanks CruiserBruce and Krazy Kruizers!

I've found the roll call board for this section of the QM2 World Cruise and have already arranged to meet up with 20+ other Cruise Critic members on day 3.

What a helpful and interesting group of people I've found already on Cruise Critic - and I've only been on this site for less than 12 hours!

Cheers!

Archived