Carnival Insurance a Rip Off??

elleusion

We NEVER buy insurance:eek::eek::eek::eek: Knocked on wood after I typed this!!!

We didn't either. I do now and its not us (the cruiser) I'm worried about. Its things like a family member get's ill or god for bid dies and we can't go.

Or a blizzard hits or a hurricane. Thing that have nothing to do with us or we can't control. I look that we got lucky in the past and $100 just is not much for my own stress relief

buying that insurance would pay for only medical bills, not the cruise if you miss it.

Yea I know. I was telling the poster that you can find insurance that cheap but it's probably medical and not a package plan. I agree with you.

something is still not right. There is no way it can only cost $75 for 3 people with a $4000 cost

It absolutely can! I have cancel for any reason coverage, including $500,000 emergency medical. I paid $149 for $4,500 trip cost - 3 people @ $1,500 each. Only have to pay the premium for the 2 adults, our daughter's share is free.

So if they've selected lower coverage and one of the people is a minor, they could be paying $75.

We didn't either. I do now and its not us (the cruiser) I'm worried about. Its things like a family member get's ill or god for bid dies and we can't go.

Or a blizzard hits or a hurricane. Thing that have nothing to do with us or we can't control. I look that we got lucky in the past and $100 just is not much for my own stress relief

Yes, we pay for peace of mind. We have 6 kids and 3 parents over 80 years old. Anything can happen. A fender bender on the way to the port even!

It absolutely can! I have cancel for any reason coverage, including $500,000 emergency medical. I paid $149 for $4,500 trip cost - 3 people @ $1,500 each. Only have to pay the premium for the 2 adults, our daughter's share is free.

So if they've selected lower coverage and one of the people is a minor, they could be paying $75.

I'm sure all would like to know where

I'm sure all would like to know where

I would also like to know where the poster found that cheap rate. I looked last night online and even when I take out my senior DH, for the other 3 of us it came to around $200.00 with much less coverage than poster stated.

I was taught years ago never to buy insurance through the travel company you are using. Not to say that Carnival is going to go out of business but in case they close their doors unexpectedly your insurance is not worth anything from Carnival. It happened years ago with a big time travel company and people were stranded.

Just be aware that for those of you who prefer to book directly with the cruise line you could be in the same situation without knowing it. The following is from one very popular plan (TravelSafe):

"n. Bankruptcy or Default of an airline, cruise line, tour operator or travel supplier (other than the tour operator or travel agency from whom You purchased Your Travel Arrangements) causing a complete cessation of travel services . . . "

So if this person used a travel agent and the cruise line went bankrupt he's covered. If he booked directly with the cruise ine he's not. Many insurers out there have the exact same exclusion.

So when they quote you a rate, is this per person or total for all. There are 8 of us cruising to Mexico 3/2014. 52,37,27,25,17,16,12,8. I have been researching, and it is very confusing. I want to make sure this time we have it, just in case of bad weather or lets say someone has to back out (job related):confused:

Archived