Clean Eating ??

oceanjwls

Okay...that's a new one on me. What's a clean eater?

I must not be one since I don't know what it is...lol

Although I do clean my fruit and veggies before consuming. But it must be something more than that?

I'm a clean eater and very concerned about the food. Any other clean eater out there that managed to eat healthy for a whole week? I'm packing a few things to bring with me.

Very hard to eat healthy on a cruise.Not sure what ship you are on but a breakfast you can do an egg white omlette,lunch I would say the buffet for some lean protein and veggies,same for dinner I think they have grilled chicken and steak on the everyday menu in the MDR.I lost almost 100 pounds and its tough when we cruise I just try to hit the gym and drink tons of water.Hope this helps

Clean eating is a diet mostly seen with body builder/athletes. It's no sugar, low sodium, low fat, nothing processed and wholesome. Steamed veggies, boiled eggs, baked chicken, brown rice, etc. chicken has to be plain, oatmeal plain, brown rice with no oil or salt, very boring.

What exactly does " clean eating" mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very hard to eat healthy on a cruise.Not sure what ship you are on but a breakfast you can do an egg white omlette,lunch I would say the buffet for some lean protein and veggies,same for dinner I think they have grilled chicken and steak on the everyday menu in the MDR.I lost almost 100 pounds and its tough when we cruise I just try to hit the gym and drink tons of water.Hope this helps

Thanks! I've cruised before and eating wasn't an issue so much. I'll eat the same thing everyday if need be!! Omelette is my favorite but they use oil. :( congrats on the weight loss!!!

Clean eating is usually eating foods with little to no processing. It can mean eating lots of whole fruits and vegetables, grilled, broiled or steamed meats and whole grains, such as brown rice. It's certainly possible to do this on the ship. In fact, I find it easier on the ship than at home because there is such variety.

But, if you're using clean to mean organic, grass-fed meats, no additives or pesticides, then you're probably out of luck.

Thanks! I've cruised before and eating wasn't an issue so much. I'll eat the same thing everyday if need be!! Omelette is my favorite but they use oil. :( congrats on the weight loss!!!

Thanks. Not all oil is bad for you though we need healthy fats :)

I cant remember but im pretty sure they have hard boiled eggs in the lido buffet.I cant live without eggs I eat them everyday

What I call "clean" eating is organic non processed foods..... We do that at home, but don't worry about it while traveling or on a cruise. You can eat healthy by not eating the white breads, sugar desserts or pasta. There are many choices. But if you are looking for organic then you are out of luck.

We do pretty well by not over eating. I find tons of people do that. We take small amounts at a time. I figure doing this now and then will not hurt.

I try to eat clean. Just off the Dream yesterday. It is possible but hard. It had a great salad bar and lots of fruit. They carve turkey breast at the deli so I got that. Problem is .....the temptation is a nightmare for me.

Gail

Okay...that's a new one on me. What's a clean eater?

I must not be one since I don't know what it is...lol

Although I do clean my fruit and veggies before consuming. But it must be something more than that?

Hahaha, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

OP if you google "carnival menu" you will find an instant link to pictures of actual menus which may help. Check out zydecos link first.

• 3 weeks later...

I also eat very clean..minus the brown rice...all my carbs come from veggies and nuts. I find it difficult on a cruise but not impossible. I eat clean for breakfast and for lunch, then anything after dinner is free game while cruising. I have worked hard for my weight loss and deserve a week to eat what I want...with limits. Good Luck!

Clean eating is a diet mostly seen with body builder/athletes. It's no sugar, low sodium, low fat, nothing processed and wholesome. Steamed veggies, boiled eggs, baked chicken, brown rice, etc. chicken has to be plain, oatmeal plain, brown rice with no oil or salt, very boring.

Very easy to do on the ship. You can load up on hard boiled eggs on the buffet every morning. You can get grilled chicken or fish at almost every dining venue...brown rice might be a bit more trouble to come by, but if you find it get a bunch to take back to your cabin.

If your ship has a refrigerator be sure to bring ziplock bags to store stuff in...if it doesn't you might invest in a 12x12x12 collapsable cooler to keep stuff cold.

You do not have access to any microwaves or food preparation area's so keep that in mind.

Archived