Checking out of Embassy Suites FLL

slimkat

Howdy All!

Need some info. Staying at Embassy Suites pre-cruise for three nights before trip. I have to arrange my car service but trying to determine the best time. I want to get to port early so my family and I can have lunch on the Oasis before the crowds so I was thinking 10:30am. Do you think that is a good time or should I leave earlier to avoid checking out with the masses?

I am travelling with 3 small children and my 70 year old mother so we move slowly. I've read reports that it can get hectic at breakfast and getting elevators to leave so I wanted to get a leg up on the rush without being super early and not allowed not the port.

Btw, if anyone is wondering we have to take a pre-arranged car service because of car seats, luggage, etc. No taxis or shuttles for us.

Thank you

It will be busy whenever you leave but it may be a tad less crowded if you go a little earlier - maybe at 10:00.

My thinking is that a lot of people use 11:00 as the earliest time to board the ships and that they would leave around 10:30 to arrive that.

If you leave at 10:00 you may have to wait a short time in the terminal before boarding but from what you described, that's probably preferable to dealing with the congestion.

Howdy All!

Need some info. Staying at Embassy Suites pre-cruise for three nights before trip. I have to arrange my car service but trying to determine the best time. I want to get to port early so my family and I can have lunch on the Oasis before the crowds so I was thinking 10:30am. Do you think that is a good time or should I leave earlier to avoid checking out with the masses?

I am travelling with 3 small children and my 70 year old mother so we move slowly. I've read reports that it can get hectic at breakfast and getting elevators to leave so I wanted to get a leg up on the rush without being super early and not allowed not the port.

Btw, if anyone is wondering we have to take a pre-arranged car service because of car seats, luggage, etc. No taxis or shuttles for us.

Thank you

Doesn't ES have in room checkout on the TV ?..Or you can make your checkout arrangements the night before...and just leave your key in your room.

You will have to wait either way at the port. If you arrive at 10, you will be sitting/standing around until they are ready to check in for your cruise. If you arrive at 10:30 you will meet with other folks thinking like you to avoid the crowd. ;) Unless you have some kind of priority checkin status, just be ready for some kind of wait. Keep your carryons light, as your rooms won't be ready that early and you'll be carrying them until they are.

I'd have your check out responsibilities completed so you can totally avoid the front desk at the hotel in the morning. It can get busy with folks coming IN for their post cruise stay, as well as those wanting to check out.

We have cruised from Tampa. We also stayed at ES before. If you arrive early at the port could you leave your luggage at the ship and hang out at Channelside until your group is ready to board? ES is very close to the port.

OP is cruising from Port Everglades, not Tampa, and is asking about the ES in Fort Lauderdale. ;)

If you have a credi card on file when you check in then you will just get a statement billed to your card showing all costs billed slipped under your door early that last morning.

I suggest you ask the Bell Captain to come get your bags, etc. before going to breakfast. They will just lock it all up in a luggage room until you come to tell them your ready to leave and then they will take it out to your shuttle for you and will help the driver load it up. Suggest keeping carry-on stuff with you when you go to breakfast.

Any last minute "pit stops" can be done down stairs in the restrooms located to the left rear corner of the hotel behind the breakfast area, no need to go back upstairs.

Wow. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

LornaT- Love the idea of having bell boy take bags down before breakfast. That way I can be sure we are not stuck waiting for an elevator for 6 people and 12 pieces of luggage.

Ashland- I will definitely will do express checkout.

Eandj- I figured that if we got to the port earlier we would be called to board earlier. Am I correct? That way I can get seats for the children at the WJ buffet. I don't mind waiting at the port a bit if we can eat and grab a pool chair sooner.

Tomato53- think I will take your suggestion to leave at 10. Kids will be up from 6 AM anyway.

Thanks everyone.

Archived