Need suggestions for cheap but not scary FLL hotel for one night

mcfaddensfarm

Can anyone suggest a hotel to stay at post-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale? I have to stay for just one night after my cruise because I couldn't get a flight out same day (cashed in miles). I'm leaving at the crack of dawn the next morning, so I'm thinking somewhere close to the airport if possible. Also something not too fancy because I don't have a lot of extra money to spend. In fact, cheap but not scary is good. One of the problems I'm running into is that this is mid-March so I'm pretty sure everything is expensive because of Spring Break. Suggestions?

Can anyone suggest a hotel to stay at post-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale? I have to stay for just one night after my cruise because I couldn't get a flight out same day (cashed in miles). I'm leaving at the crack of dawn the next morning, so I'm thinking somewhere close to the airport if possible. Also something not too fancy because I don't have a lot of extra money to spend. In fact, cheap but not scary is good. One of the problems I'm running into is that this is mid-March so I'm pretty sure everything is expensive because of Spring Break. Suggestions?

Extended Stay America - In the entrace road to the Port - Short Taxi Ride to pier - Waling distance to everyting -

Sorry I did not fully read the post - I though close to the port.

Thanks for the input. Current prices for the date I need are as follows:

Sleep Inn - Sold Out

LaQuinta FLL Airport - $179.

Cambria Suites - $289

Holiday Inn Express - $269

I'm going to see what I can find on sunny.org and Kayak. I'm wondering if I should take the chance with Priceline. I've done it a few times before but not sure if this would be the right situation for it.

If you are looking Mid-March, welcome to the club! I'm flying into FLL but staying near MIA because everything is so expensive in Ft. Lauderdale the night before our cruise (Friday night). We return on a Sunday and the rates are a little more resonable on Sunday night.

The problem is that it is Spring Break and there is a huge music festival in the South Florida area in Mid to late March. Everything is booking up quick!

If you are hesitant to bid on Priceline you may find one that you dont have to bid on. We have Hyatt House for about $180 the end of next week. Last Minute Travel is good too. If you look at hotel pictures on Tripadvisor you might be able to "match" the hotel based on the pictures posted ( some of the pictures also actually show the hotel name :eek:) They are comparable in price to Priceline.

We just stayed at the Red Carpet Inn on State Rd 84, for the night before a cruise. It was $109 for the night, they picked us up at the airport and took us to the pier. It was nothing special, but was clean, looked like it was just remodeled, new paint, new tile in room A attached restaurant that had good sandwiches.

We did not arrive until 9PM the night before and just wanted a clean bed, it worked for us

Thanks for the input. Current prices for the date I need are as follows:

Sleep Inn - Sold Out

LaQuinta FLL Airport - $179.

Cambria Suites - $289

Holiday Inn Express - $269

I'm going to see what I can find on sunny.org and Kayak. I'm wondering if I should take the chance with Priceline. I've done it a few times before but not sure if this would be the right situation for it.

What date do you need?????

I got Springhill Suites in Dania for $114.00 for March 20-24 and March 31 for 1 night for $108.00. Tried priceline and hotwire bidding...no luck. Prices seem pretty high this year. Got it through Last Minute Travel...3 star hotel in Dania...all suite hotel, free shuttles and breakfast, and walking distance to Oakwood mall for shopping and restaurants...good reviews. If you want to know the hotel...book it, then go back in and book a car...it will show you the hotel, then you can go back and delete the car and book hotel.

Probably could give you more guidance if we knew your travel dates, but as others suggested, check lastminute travel. If your travel dates are within the period they offer a promo code for, use one of them to reduce your rate even more. List of codes here.

Priceline also has system similar to lastminute travel's that they call express deals. It shows you the price upfront & you can guarantee a certain number of beds. They have promo codes from time to time too. Check here for those as they change often.

The other site worth checking is hotwire, but I find them to often be a little higher than the first two I mentioned and their ratings system seems a little more lenient.

Be aware that with 8 or 9 ships cruising into and out of Port Everglades - Ft. Lauderdale, rooms have begun to skyrocket including the so-called "cheap" hotels. Book early if you can and then do a search on Price Line for a cheap rate. Sometimes the Hilton and Hyatt have some good Price Line rates.

Just staying one night after my cruise--March 16, leaving EARLY the morning of March 17.

There's plenty of reasonably priced rooms for those dates, but you need to get away from Port Everglades and the airport to properties in Tamarac, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, etc.

I found the Comfort Suites in Deerfield Beach on your date for $95 advance pay. Studio 6 in Coral Springs for $73 and even the Budget Inn Ocean Restort in Pompano Beach for $109 on booking.com.

http://www.budgetinnoceanresort.com/

I did find the Motel 6 in Dania Beach for $70, but the reviews aren't so grand.

Rental car rates from $34-$39 including tax are coming up on kayak.com.

Just staying one night after my cruise--March 16, leaving EARLY the morning of March 17.

You are hunting for a bargain on a peak Sat. night. :eek: You can find things further from the airport, but don't forget to add in additional cab fare $$. With that added in, you might want to stay closer to the airport and maybe have a free shuttle to the airport in the a.m. Do your research, reading tripadvisor recent reviews and looking at locations. But do it fast. ;) AND don't look only at the cheapest!

I'd like to add something else here. The airport is undergoing severe construction changes and has closed off many roads leading into and out of the airport. Most taxis are forced to use non-direct routes to get to hotels. Cab fares in Ft. Lauderdale are very high! If you chose a hotel further away from the Port, be prepared to spend big bucks for a cab. Obviously, if the hotel you are staying at provides transportation to the port, then that would be okay.

The construction process is scheduled well into 2014.:eek:

of all the hotels mentioned - I would not stay in the Red Carpet - Older property with some remodeled rooms but not my comfort zone.

We did not see anything wrong with the hotel or area for the few hours we spent there, it all depends on what you want in a hotel. The shuttle was very effecient and the workers at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. A 5 star hotel it was not, but it worked for what we were looking for

Archived