Feelings on booking another Carnival cruise.

saturnsc

Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?  

915 members have voted

1. 1. Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?

• Yes
    • No

I voted "no" because this bad publicity will probably ensure Carnival does anything and everything to avoid being in the headlines in a negative way for a loooong time! Chances are, after this incident, they will be the safest and most efficient ships out on the open seas!

I voted "no" because this bad publicity will probably ensure Carnival does anything and everything to avoid being in the headlines in a negative way for a loooong time! Chances are, after this incident, they will be the safest and most efficient ships out on the open seas!

That was supposed to happen after the last fire. Then it was supposed to happen after the Costa Concordia, now this fire....makes me wonder.

2013 - Triumph

2012 - Concordia

2010 - Splendor

What is in common with all 3? The last 3 ship issues was Carnival owned ships. Prior to this, the next one was 2008 with the Princess of the Seas and was weather related and not out at sea. The one before in 2007 was stuck in ice in Antartical with the MS Explorer. Prior that, there were some passenger ocean ferries etc. So the question would be why Carnival? Why not any other line? Yes, I would be very concerned with booking Carnival. The track record is going down.

You might have missed one:

Feb 2012 - Costa Allegra

Very well put Thank You

From what I've heard, cheese is not on the menu. Only cucumber and onion sandwiches.......

You cheerleaders never cease to amaze me. If it had blown up and sunk, you'd probably say, Oh Well, it happens......... :rolleyes:

Stretch

I voted no, things happen that are out of our control not just at sea but at home too. As long as I know my family is with me and we were all safe. I am sure it is very uncomfortable for all who are on board, but the only thing is it is making me realize to take even more precaution with my packing. (ie flashlights). It could happen on any brand of cruise line. I still have a few brands I want to try Disney, Princess and RCCL.

I am booked on the Miracle to Hawaii for October. Yes, I am a bit concerned now if I did the right thing. Carnival runs a big fleet, but this is the 2nd incident like this in a little over 2 years. If you add up all the other U.S. cruise ships, I don't think anyone else has had this happen twice in this period of time.

I realize that HAL, Princess, Cunard and others are part of Carnival corp. but I think they may run as separate entities more or less. I have read quite a bit where some ships have issues and they continue to use them; if this is the chance they take, then the passengers are the ones getting jabbed.:mad: Not right!!!!! I plan to have a good cruise on the Miracle (don't expect "over the top") and the odds are in my favor that we should be fine. But I can't imagine being 5 days at sea on a ship that may have problems, with Carnival taking a "wait and see" attitude.

Carnival is still a pretty good buy tho, and I know they don't want this type of incident to happen. It costs them a fortune too and consumer confidence for them takes a pretty good hit.

I am sure many will say it would never cross their mind to reconsider Carnival- but for me, YES, I am rethinking it. We take safety/maintance issues very seriously and so far I am not real impressed with how Carnival has handled this, am going to wait and see what the cause of the fire is ruled to be. At the very least they did a good job of extinguishing it so I have an open mind.

I have 2 carnival cruises booked, we will be going on the March one for sure, but right now- July is in question. I may cancel and switch brands.

May I ask how did Carnival handle this that was so bad? Getting 100% of your money back when you were actually on the last day of your cruise. Getting your next cruise credit for the amount you spent on this cruise and getting your airfair paid to go home. How is that so bad?

I'm going in May on the Magic and can hardly wait. I would even book on the Triumph after repairs. We were on that ship two years ago and LOVED it.

I am just not getting why they did not cancel another cruise that was going in the same area, to get to this ship, and tender the guests off of it and on to one that is not covered in Feces and Vomit and has working facilites. Even a day less would have been helpful to evac these people.

Maybe too dangerous to tender? Maybe too expensive?

I get compensation and what not. But how about making an effort to end it quickly? I just do not get this. Its gone on and on. They bring ships to bring food etc, how about bring a darn empty ship?

It really is too dangerous to try to tender 4,000+ people in open seas, especially when one of the ships has no power, and no control.

You cheerleaders never cease to amaze me. If it had blown up and sunk, you'd probably say, Oh Well, it happens......... :rolleyes:

Stretch

My comments may come on a Carnival thread but reflect my feelings about almost everything in life. Life DOES HAPPEN:, be it breakdowns, disasters, or 'it blew up and sunk'! You do go through it and keep hoping (and planning) for the future and do the best you can. Why are you here exactly?

I've booked the Allure of the Seas for June of 2014 but if Carnival reduced the costs of a cruise on the Liberty I would switch in a heartbeat.

The Liberty is not even in the same league as the Allure of the Seas. I know I'm on the Carnival board, but look at the options from one ship to another. If you don't care about the ship, then it's a whole different story. The Allure is a destination in itself. Also, it's weird that the Liberty costs more than the Allure...when we booked, we paid alot more for the Allure.

I am sure many will say it would never cross their mind to reconsider Carnival- but for me, YES, I am rethinking it. We take safety/maintance issues very seriously and so far I am not real impressed with how Carnival has handled this, am going to wait and see what the cause of the fire is ruled to be. At the very least they did a good job of extinguishing it so I have an open mind.

I have 2 carnival cruises booked, we will be going on the March one for sure, but right now- July is in question. I may cancel and switch brands.

I am with you! No more cruise lines without that 'our mechanical beasts never break down clause'. :cool:

My comments may come on a Carnival thread but reflect my feelings about almost everything in life. Life DOES HAPPEN:, be it breakdowns, disasters, or 'it blew up and sunk'! You do go through it and keep hoping (and planning) for the future and do the best you can. Why are you here exactly?

I'm here just to see how far some posters will go to defend their beloved cruise line. I have a question for you. Have you ever been on a ship that lost power? I have and even though it only lasted a few minutes, when you are in the bowels of the ship, it is total and complete darkness. Now, on to the the poster that said, it was on the last day of the cruise, what's the big deal? Big deal, they departed from Galveston and were supposed to arrive back yesterday, now they are being towed to Mobile. The will, in most likelyhood, going to be bussed to many different hotels in the area that are just recovering from Mardi Gras, they will be wearing the same soiled and smelly clothes they had on Sunday then they will have to be put on planes to somehow get back to Galveston, at least those that left transportation there. All in all, it was supposed to be a 4 day cruise and it's going to last well over a week. It is a big deal and Carnival has some very major problems to fix or they will be out of business.

Stretch

Alll these people need some cheese to go with thier 'whinnnneeee' If you don't like Carnival, get off the site and go about your business! No one will miss you! Cars break down all the time! Motors are unpredictable even if you THINK they're in good shape! So they made a mistake! Maybe! Maybe not! Must be rewarding to be sooooo perfect! Quit being so judgemental! It's a huge operation and things can go wrong! I love Carnival and will not let this deter me from going with them! I for one, do not expect perfection! At least they're doing best they can with a bad situation!

Judgemental IMO is having an opinion without personal experience. Not so in my case. I've been on several Carnival ships. The first was just Ok. To be fair, the second was fantastic but more to do with those who sailed with us than the ship. So we thought we'd give them another try. It was horrible and so bad that we never used the credit offered to us.

I was hesitant to book another Carnival cruise after my first one, but did anyway. That did it, never again. Food was terrible and service worse. The last straw was when two drunk guys started fighting on the stairs and then their wives, cousins, whatever joined in. We even had a power outage. You get what you pay for and Carnival keeps it on the cheap.

Stretch

I have a couple of questions. If you hate Carnival so much why are you on the boards? Second, so it's Carnivals fault that 2 drunk guys fought? Do people not get drunk on other lines?

2013 - Triumph

2012 - Concordia

2010 - Splendor

What is in common with all 3? The last 3 ship issues was Carnival owned ships. Prior to this, the next one was 2008 with the Princess of the Seas and was weather related and not out at sea. The one before in 2007 was stuck in ice in Antartical with the MS Explorer. Prior that, there were some passenger ocean ferries etc. So the question would be why Carnival? Why not any other line? Yes, I would be very concerned with booking Carnival. The track record is going down.

I have to agree.

As of late, most cruise ship issues have involved Carnival (either the holding corporation or the cruise line).

Makes me wonder if they are skimping on quality control/safety checks for the sake of $$$.

I don't think I'll be sailing Carnival anytime soon...and I've sailed with them in the past quite a bit.

I'm here just to see how far some posters will go to defend their beloved cruise line.

they will be wearing the same soiled and smelly clothes they had on Sunday then they will have to be put on planes to somehow get back to Galveston, at least those that left transportation there. All in all, it was supposed to be a 4 day cruise and it's going to last well over a week. It is a big deal and Carnival has some very major problems to fix or they will be out of business.

Stretch

Why do you care if people like a particular cuise line?

I want Carnival to make it right by these people and expect them to do so. Carnival has already said transportation will be provided and travel expenses paid.

And I also think they had other clothes with them. It not being the first day most people may have changed(?)

The question was on this thread 'would we be hesitant to cruise with them again'? No I would not.

As for going out of business....really:rolleyes:

Archived