Feelings on booking another Carnival cruise.

saturnsc

Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?  

915 members have voted

1. 1. Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?

• Yes
    • No

May I ask how did Carnival handle this that was so bad? Getting 100% of your money back when you were actually on the last day of your cruise. Getting your next cruise credit for the amount you spent on this cruise and getting your airfair paid to go home. How is that so bad?

I'm going in May on the Magic and can hardly wait. I would even book on the Triumph after repairs. We were on that ship two years ago and LOVED it.

If this is close to the incident with the Carnival Splendor, Carnival was weeks and in some cases, months getting people refunded. Don't count people's money before it hits their bank accounts. ;)

My comments may come on a Carnival thread but reflect my feelings about almost everything in life. Life DOES HAPPEN:, be it breakdowns, disasters, or 'it blew up and sunk'! You do go through it and keep hoping (and planning) for the future and do the best you can. Why are you here exactly?

After the Splendor incident, I did say "stuff happens", but Carnival is developing a pattern of neglect to essential ship systems.

I'm going on a Carnival cruise in two weeks (only our fifth cruise) and I have absolutely no worry at all. Car accidents happen all the time. Airplanes sometimes crash. I don't worry about that either. It's unfortunate for those passengers, but it gives me very little pause to our vacation.

Carnival cancelled the next 2 bookings. Mine is the 3rd booking supposedly leaving Galveston on the 21st????? I am confident if CARNIVAL says they have fixed the problems (and completely cleans and sanitizes the ship) that I will have a good time on board.

Heck It's a girls trip and we don't go anyway without having a good time.

I just wish I knew for sure. The uncertainity of not knowing is hard on us..

:confused:

No real hesitation about sailing on Carnival again BUT I will only sail on relatively NEW ships. I know anything can happen at any given time but I feel more confident on a newer ship.

I would be verrry hesitant about sailing on the Triumph though. If what they say is true about sewage and bathrooms etc., I would be scared that they could really clean and disinfect all ares sufficiently to insure no micro-organisims. The whole thought of sewage and feces makes me gag just thinking of it.

Carnival cancelled the next 2 bookings. Mine is the 3rd booking supposedly leaving Galveston on the 21st????? I am confident if CARNIVAL says they have fixed the problems (and completely cleans and sanitizes the ship) that I will have a good time on board.

I would hate to be in your situation. I know I did try and do booking this morning and the first date Carnival is showing for booking the Triumph is on March 21, 2013. Sure hope they have things fixed before your cruise on Feb.21.

I'd be pretty surprised if Carnival meets your sailing date. Fecal matter with the sewage water soaking in to all the carpets. Ewwwwww! Pipes are broken and who knows what is wrong with the engine and electrical systems. I'm hoping it all works out for you; just don't want Carnival to rush through it and not have everything in tip top shape. Good luck.:)

No hesitation to cruise Carnival, I love their brand and have always had a great time on my cruises with them.

Yes, I get the propulsion system has had issues as have other older ships but the fire was an accident and I think Carnival has handled as best they could.

For those of you switching, see how well they treat you when something goes wrong. Good luck.

I will still book Carnival. Seems like people have no memory. Look back in the '90 ships were having more problems. They are just reported better now. I remember the Celebration had a fire in the mid 90's a couple of weeks after I sailed her. There were many more cruise lines then so the break downs were spread out more. Consolidation of lines.

Right now over 34% of responders would hesitate to book with Carnival.

Considering this is the Carnival board, that is an extremely high number and could go much higher when the ship finally makes it to Mobile and we start to hear the horror stories!

Go ahead and book on other lines, I am sure they don't have engine rooms so there is no way those lines could ever have a fire...duh! Life happens. I wish we had been on the Triumph for this sailing..............geez a fire on the very last day of the cruise, a full refund, a credit for your next cruise, transportation home, and an extended vacation that is an adventure you can talk about for years. Sign me up! We have sailed 19 times on Carnival and no every trip wasn't perfect or exactly as we planned....but every one was a vacation and we had a great time no matter what happened. I have pictures of the side of the ship cut open like a tuna can, missed ports, storms, and all kinds of interresting things. We would go on any of them again. We sail in 18 days on the Liberty and we can hardly wait to go.

Every situation in life is what you make of it. I would make this a positive and look forward to a refund check and a free cruise!

As for the refunds taking some time, there are more than a few people that have to be taken care of and everyone can't be first.

Carnival takes really good care of their guests and their ships are in great shape. They are always doing work to them and all lines have to meet the same standards. I myself will have "lemonade"!!!:)

Right now over 34% of responders would hesitate to book with Carnival.

Considering this is the Carnival board, that is an extremely high number and could go much higher when the ship finally makes it to Mobile and we start to hear the horror stories!

And you think all respondants are exclusively Carnival cruisers?

We have a cruise in July and will shortly book one for next year. It will either be on Carnival or Royal. Going on one of each this year.

I like how people who have never cruised Carnival say that they will never, ever cruise Carnival. If they have never sailed Carnival before, then the Triumph fire will have nothing to do with their decision on whom to cruise with.

I think Carnival has gone downhill really quickly since Dickinson left; their corporate attitude stinks. In this case, I don't think they could have done less for the passengers. We'll never book Carnival again for a big cruise, but we probably will for a short Caribbean cruise.

Archived