Very Poor Response and Customer Service From Carnival. Please read..

Arcticcat

I'm happy for you, but I stand by my statement.

I do understand when you say you cruise "infrequently" and want it to be "perfect".

I'd much rather experience something firsthand than rely on someone's else's point of view.

Just read some of the comments from the pax returning from the Triumph. Some said they had a "good time" others thought they were going to die.

These are their "own" thoughts, experiences.

You really don't know unless 'you' experience it.

Happy sailing to you. ;)

Everyone has missed my point. The point is, I personally think Carnival could of done more to get those passengers off the boat. Whether it means tow it to the closest shore wher you can Tender to another cruise boat, or something else. If it was as simple as you can't transfer people from one boat to another than why didn't the CEO say the reasoning?

You guys make it sound like this is a first time. This isn't. The Splendor cost 40 million in litigation ect to Carnival.

For me Customer service is key. They do not seem to care about the passangers on that ship. If your wife or husband was involved in a fight over food or crapping in a bag or dealing with the drunks that is being reported by cnn, how would you feel. Way to many pro Carnival people here.... Carnival can do no wrong. And im sorry $500.00 for people who have missed income from not being at work ect ect is a drop in the bucket. Now jump on me again like the bullies you are....

Now the truth comes out, your in a financial hardship and using the Triumph as a way to get some money back in your pocket, I never wish anyone bad luck but.....

I bet if you were on this ship with your little kids and there was poop overflowing in your bathroom and open your cabin door and there is poop sloshing in the hall you wouldn't be cheering Carnival on would you. Then they leave you out at sea for days. It's amazing you don't expect anymore from a multi billion dollar company.

I was told, years ago, by my Travel Agent NOT to cruise on Carnival, that you would not like it.

you do know that TAs (in the past) negotiated contracts with various travel entities for their personal profits. If your TA was in a financial bed with RCCL then that is the line they would be pushing.

When TA bonuses were being paid (when they were the only game in town) I've been booked in some pretty iffy hotels and sent to some interesting resorts. Now that it is easy to go online and see where you are being sent my experiences are now top notch. Oh, and I'm down to 5 weeks for my Carnival cruise. Looking forward to it.

My best friend and her family were on this cruise. As they said of course the situation was not ideal...but there was an accident(an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance). The crew went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Yes, they did have to use the rest room in bags, and their was very limited power and yes there was sewage on the floor. But crew was cleaning 24/7, they were always smiling and positive! The captain/crew always kept the up to date with what was going on. She and her family(11 staterooms) feel the way Carnival handled it and the way they were compensated was over and beyond....and that's all that matters. They were on the cruise...it was their vacation and yes, they already booked their next cruise with Carnival. For someone like you who was not even on the cruise....did not experience what they did to ask for a refund on your 2 upcoming cruises because you feel things were not handled correctly....kick rocks! I have been to all-inclusive resorts where worse has happened and did not get as much as a sorry. I love carnival think they did a great job and can't wait for our next cruise in Nov!

Even if they "could" arrange to have another ship (empty) come to transfer passengers over to the spare one, it would have to be the same "class" of ship. I can hear it now. Not only was their cruise ruined, but they paid for a balcony on the ill-fated cruise, and now have to endure an interior for the duration back to port. Or, how come someone had an interior and now due to the replacement ship being larger with more balconies, somehow got an upgrade?? How do you determine who gets the upgrade?

As has been stated before by others, ships don't have "spares". Nor would it ever be safe.

Ok, has no one turned on the TV? Carnival has left a boat stranded in the Gulf, being pulled by tugboats with no power (very limited) no A/C, people are crapping in bags, puking, floors are covered in sewage and urine, fist fights over food and hoarding. There is also a tent city on the deck.

Guess this is acceptable, enjoy your cruise.

WOW! A sane person who also thinks this is awful!

Just got off the phone with Carnival. I called inquiring about cancelling our two cruises that are fully paid for. Wanted to know what our options were.

Due to the Triumph issues I agree accidents happen, but DON"T agree with the way they handled it. They could of brought another ship out there to get the passangers off.

So I called to see what Carnivals attitude towards upcoming passengers. Its not good.

If you paid for your cruise they are NOT offering refunds. Its a Triumph issue not a Victory or a Liberty issue is there response.

I was told as far as compensation to future passengers, there has not been any brought out to this point.

So in a nutshell, if your unsure about the cruiseline or have concerns about the response, your SOL.

Im booked in two weeks on the Victory then right after on the Liberty. They don't care about loyalty, they just want the money!:(

Interesting. Sounds like all you want is the MONEY!! Why should they offer you any compensation??? How are you affected by what happened to the Triumph? Some of you people just amaze me.

My best friend and her family were on this cruise. As they said of course the situation was not ideal...but there was an accident(an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance). The crew went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Yes, they did have to use the rest room in bags, and their was very limited power and yes there was sewage on the floor. But crew was cleaning 24/7, they were always smiling and positive! The captain/crew always kept the up to date with what was going on. She and her family(11 staterooms) feel the way Carnival handled it and the way they were compensated was over and beyond....and that's all that matters. They were on the cruise...it was their vacation and yes, they already booked their next cruise with Carnival. For someone like you who was not even on the cruise....did not experience what they did to ask for a refund on your 2 upcoming cruises because you feel things were not handled correctly....kick rocks! I have been to all-inclusive resorts where worse has happened and did not get as much as a sorry. I love carnival think they did a great job and can't wait for our next cruise in Nov!

Great post. 90% or more of the folks that were on the cruise have expressed exactly what your friends did. Those posters, not on the cruise, who grab onto the isolated worst case scenario and try to make it an all inclusive scenario for all are very simple, sad and angry people. In fact most of those posters don't even cruise carnival.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Ring Ring

Hello, is this Carnival Cruise Line ?

I just finished watching the movie Titanic and I'd like to cancel my cruise next week and get a full refund, because I've just learned that cruise ships may not be safe.

------------------

Anyone who wants to cancel an upcoming cruise because of the Triumph situation, should never have booked a cruise at all. They should probably never drive, fly, or even walk down the street again.

If you truly want to cancel and aren't just fishing for a discount or upgrade simply call your credit card company and ask them to reverse the charges.

Carnival would then have to fight to stop the reversal of the charges and at that point I suspect they would throw in the towel.

I asked my brother, a former Navy Officer, what would have happened if this were a Navy ship, and he replied, without hesitation, another ship should have pulled up alongside and provided generator power to keep everything working, and another ship would have provided all the food supplies necessary to keep everyone happy.

Carnival is a HUGE corporation. If they are incapable of providing for the safety and comfort of passengers in an incident such as this which should have many contingencies already in place, then it should NOT BE IN BUSINESS.

If I sound angry, it is because this corporation WHICH ALSO OWNS COSTA is a blight on the entire industry.

The entire cruise industry is going to have to work to overcome this PR disaster

This is a cruise ship not the Navy. The Navy has ships made for that purpose to hook up and fuel them and bring them provisions and help them in crisis. Cruise ships aren't made that way. There was no ship that could do a transfer or move passengers its not a good move for the ship because it spells disaster.

Carnival may own Costa but in that case it was a crew error NOT a ship error. No one at Carnival or Costa told that captain to sail close to the island where the waters shallow and rocks and reefs are common. Carnivals taking the brunt because its the parent company. Unless Carnival has started sailing there ships by remote control there was nothing they could do.

Its not the point about the fire.... Who cares about that. If the ship is stranded at sea, in this day of age they could of brought another ship and a transfer boat. I do not buy this crap that its to dangerous to transfer from one ship to another. They do it all the time! Ports that need a tender! You don't buy insurance for these reasons.... I have insurance (private) for sickness or death in the family.. I am insured.. Just not insured against a cruise line that operates poorly.

If a ship is stranded and dead in the water they probably could call up another ship in the area and have the passengers transfered. However imagine making that announcement that the passengers have to go to their muster stations and prepare to abandon ship cause thats what there doing your expecting it to be calm? Passengers panic and its a disaster. No one would know what to do or where do go people would be trampled and hurt and it would be a worse situation then they were in. Then even if you get everyone together and its calm try offloading all those lifeboats in a timely manner and calmly and then get them sailed over to another ship in choppy waters and a ship bobbing up and down. It doesn't work. Its hard enough when they abandon ship. There was no where else to go and no they don't do this all the time. its a last resort. You don't leave your ship unless everything else went to hell in a hand bag and you performed every other thing you could do. They can do it in a port because they have 2 tenders in use or maybe they have shore tenders but even thats risky and crew and passengers can be hurt and its not really used unless it needs to be. If you feel so strongly about these issues then don't cruise again.

Come on now REALLY :rolleyes:the ship did not sink they did not tender because the ship was safe enough to be pulled to port they if there was any reason of sinking they would unload. I am thinking your one of the sue happy tring to make a buck kind of people LMAO

You say you cruised before but the only cruises I see out the 2 upcoming cruise with your name.

just booked on the liberty yesterday for feb 2014......before booking I went to the Dr.s and asked him if he could give me a guarantee that nothing would break down on me.......he could not.....so I bought the insurance.......hey **** happens

Just got off the phone with Carnival. I called inquiring about cancelling our two cruises that are fully paid for. Wanted to know what our options were.

Due to the Triumph issues I agree accidents happen, but DON"T agree with the way they handled it. They could of brought another ship out there to get the passangers off.

So I called to see what Carnivals attitude towards upcoming passengers. Its not good.

If you paid for your cruise they are NOT offering refunds. Its a Triumph issue not a Victory or a Liberty issue is there response.

I was told as far as compensation to future passengers, there has not been any brought out to this point.

So in a nutshell, if your unsure about the cruiseline or have concerns about the response, your SOL.

Im booked in two weeks on the Victory then right after on the Liberty. They don't care about loyalty, they just want the money!:(

Really? Your putting your life on hold because something may happen? Hello every day is a crap shoot be glad your on the flower side of the daisy not the root.

ok #1 the medical room on ship will have back up power for all diabetic needs plus even though ship had no main power they did have ice. We are diabetic and if on the this ship i know our needs would be met.

#2 no one forced anyone into rooms to stay after this fire thats totally up to you.

#3 no reason to off load this ship its not sinking plus it was more unsafe to load a few thousand people in rough seas.

#4 there was 3 people who needed medical help all 3 got the right help that any ship will do.

HAVE YOU EVER CRUISED ? to be honest the ship will be in perfect running by July then any other ship in the water because it wil have been FULLY repaired and looked over. good luck to find people feeling bad for you in here along with the guy who started this thread you both need to stay away from cruising. Do your research you will find ALL cruise lines have issues some just are not reported like this one. get over it :mad:

I bet if you were on this ship with your little kids and there was poop overflowing in your bathroom and open your cabin door and there is poop sloshing in the hall you wouldn't be cheering Carnival on would you. Then they leave you out at sea for days. It's amazing you don't expect anymore from a multi billion dollar company.

I was stuck on the tarmac for an hour an a half on a SW flight due to mechanical issues....Ship happens. Some people got mad and said they would never fly SW again. Good. More leg room for me. Why worry and get upset over the things you can't control? When a ship is disabled at sea, they are at the mercy of the CG. By that point, any off the wall attempt at transferring PAX if that were even a viable and logistical option, would have been moot. So why is they OP blaming CCL for things that were out of their control?

BTW, I am not a cheerleader...I was in 8th grade tho :rolleyes:... An incident such as this could have happeded to any cruise line.

I also want to cancel my trip this summer with Carnival. Reason #1, who knows if the Triump will be up and running. I don't want to have my trip canceled. These are the only dates we can set sail. Reason #2, I felt like the passengers were in danger and Carnival did nothing. Raw sewage, people will be sick. No food. Diabetics without insulin. Carnival did nothing. I'm not taking a chance with my kids. I want a refund!!! I want my deposit back also. Carnival screwed up, not me. I don't want to cruise with them in the next 24 months either.

First, if you check Carnival's web site (www.carnival.com) you can easily find their refund policy. I'm equally sure Carnival will proffer a refund to you in accordance with the policy to which you previously agreed. I'm not sure why the Triumph fire has you so convinced you are "taking a chance" with your kids and yourself outside of the risks normally associated by travel in most any modality. One of the Carnival ships in the Pacific had a fire a couple of years ago or so and had to be towed to San Diego - that took a few days. That should have alerted you that cruise ships, even Carnival's, have to operate in the real world where "stuff happens."

I dunno how you were planning to transport your "kids' safely from the vault where you normally keep them to the cruise terminal but no matter what mode of transportation you were going to use it has a large number of inherent hazards and risks. Since absolute safety is your goal I just know you don't use an automobile (gasp!) to move them around this world. There aren't many human activities short of war that kill more people! What about schools? What school are they in where they are completely safe from the lunatics of the world who enter schools with loaded firearms and indiscrimently shoot children and adults alike. Movie theaters? Hmmm... more people died in that shooting in Colorado then died on the Triumph.

Insulin? I'm an insulin dependent diabetic; matter of fact I'm on a pump and have been for 11 years. I *never* leave home on a trip without at least twice as much insulin and twice as many infusion sets as I could possibly need. Batteries? My pump uses a standard AAA battery which lasts approximately 3 weeks. I *always* carry at least 5 fresh batteries in my little kit dedicated to that purpose.

So how exactly did Carnival screw up? I'm really tired of "send another ship to take everyone aboard" - any Navy veteran knows moving personnel and materials on the high seas is fraught with danger and is, at best, a high risk event for healthy, active duty, military trained personnel. Trying to move untrained folks via a tender operation when Carnival cancels tender ops at the slight chop in a protected harbor would also be very hazardous. Since I've already addressed in another thread the lack of supersonic ocean going tugs to go get the ship and tow it to a suitable port in a matter of minutes, what exactly did YOU want 'em to do?

Just saying...

I was stuck on the tarmac for an hour an a half on a SW flight due to mechanical issues....Ship happens. Some people got mad and said they would never fly SW again. Good. More leg room for me. Why worry and get upset over the things you can't control? When a ship is disabled at sea, they are at the mercy of the CG. By that point, any off the wall attempt at transferring PAX if that were even a viable and logistical option, would have been moot. So why is they OP blaming CCL for things that were out of their control?

That is a very good analogy. But, let us take it one step further. What if you were stuck on the tarmac for perhaps 24 hours, the electricity went out, the doors couldn't open because of some sort of electricity issue, the toilets wouldn't flush, several people were vomiting, urine began soaking the carpet of the plane and the only food to eat was bread, crackers, soda etc...

Then, when you finally got off, SWA offered you a coupon for a free flight.

Would you think that is all right?

I realize this analogy is a little far fetched, especially comparing the 5 day Triumph and the 24 hour plane. Actually, the plane would be worse because of space. But still...something to think about?

Archived