"Mariner consideration"?

Frogso

We are cruising with a large group in October and have been told that we will have "Mariner consideration". Can anyone tell me what that means? Has anyone every heard that before? This will be our first HAL cruise. Thanks!

Unfortunetly being a past customer does not get you any real advantage. If you have a group that has eight cabins or more HAL should provide you with a free cabin which defrays the total price for the group. Ask your travel agent to look into that for you.

Mariner pricing rarely, if ever, beats the web prices. Most of us like the product but don't expect any freebys.

Where did you hear that is what "Mariner Consideration" means, Brian. Never heard that and as far as I know putting your Mariner tags on your luggage gets you absolutely nothing. Plus, other than pax w/ special needs, only suite pax get to board first.

I'd be interested to know where you heard Mariners get any special consideration at all. After all on any particular cruise you might have 800-1000 Mariners. :)

Where did you hear that is what "Mariner Consideration" means, Brian. Never heard that and as far as I know putting your Mariner tags on your luggage gets you absolutely nothing. Plus, other than pax w/ special needs, only suite pax get to board first.

I'd be interested to know where you heard Mariners get any special consideration at all. After all on any particular cruise you might have 800-1000 Mariners. :)

Brian is correct that it used to mean priority consideration for your luggage and for embarkation boarding....once upon a time.

Before there were soooo many Mariners, that was an advantage offered to previous HAL cruisers. Now, on many HAL ships, there can be as many as 75- 80% being repeat HAL cruisers so it isn't possible to do anything special in terms of priority luggage handling or priority boarding. The vast majority of pax would qualify.

So today......it means nothing except if you have cruised before with HAL you will be invited to the Mariners (repeaters) Party.

"Mariner consideration" typically means that your group will be able to board earlier and that your luggage will be given priority for arrival in your rooms.

Brian & Sails - we have been travelling with a group once a year since 1988, and never once have we been given the privilege of boarding earlier or was our luggage given priority for arrival in our rooms.

In fact one cruise, we were already sailing when DH's luggage, with his tux, arrived. :eek: I have never heard of the term "Mariner consideration" but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Frogso,

The term "Mariner Consideration" is entirely too vague.

The best thing to do would be to ask the TA exactly what it means.

If you've previously sailed with another cruise line in the Carnival Corp. stable then this might mean you are getting Mariner pricing for your cruise. I can't think of anything else that would apply.

If you've previously sailed with another cruise line in the Carnival Corp. stable then this might mean you are getting Mariner pricing for your cruise. I can't think of anything else that would apply.

Jim - I think you got it! :D

Archived