Freestyle coke machine locations

ctrlbrk

So I've been learning about the freestyle coke machines, but I haven't come across any information on where they are located throughout the ship. In particular, Allure of the Seas.

I know there are some on the pool deck, but what about everywhere else? Are they adjacent to other food venues like the pizza place, hot dog place, etc?

What do they cost?

The use of the Freestyle machines is only available if you purchase the soda package. Cost is $6.50 per day plus %15 gratuity, and must be purchased for the entire length of your cruise.

We were just on the Enchantment and they were installing them during our cruise, my husband spent some time talking to one of the installers. The Enchantment is a small ship, and I saw 3, 2 outside the Windjammer and 1 at Cafe Latitudes/ Ben and Jerry's. They are like a regular Coke machine with a touch screen and dispense many different kinds of sodas and bottled water into a cup you purchase that has a chip that tells it you have paid.

15% gratuity for a self serve machine...yikes.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against gratuities and almost always tip more than the recommended amount. I suppose when a bartender serves a soft drink it makes more sense. But I'm not a fan of "forced" gratuities.

On the Explorer they installed the Freestyle machines the week before our cruise. there were 4 machines in WJ-- 2 on each side, near the food.

There were 2 on the Promenade beside the Promenade Cafe. I di not see any on the pool deck. [could have been there]

I found them very nice. They variety of flavors of soda and the flavored Dasani water added value to the soda package. I found I drank the dasani water by the pool in the AM when I would not have drank a soda. It more than paid for itself.

So I've been learning about the freestyle coke machines, but I haven't come across any information on where they are located throughout the ship. In particular, Allure of the Seas.

I know there are some on the pool deck, but what about everywhere else? Are they adjacent to other food venues like the pizza place, hot dog place, etc?

There are four in the Windjammer (two on one side of the room & two on the other side), two by Sorrentos, and one in the Wipe Out Cafe.

Windjammer

Wipe Out Cafe

Sorentos

That is all I remember

15% gratuity for a self serve machine...yikes.

My understanding is that you are not required to use the machine with the package but it is an option. If you're not interested you can go to any bar in which case, the bartender would be the one getting the tip (theoretically.)

I found them very nice. They variety of flavors of soda and the flavored Dasani water added value to the soda package. I found I drank the dasani water by the pool in the AM when I would not have drank a soda. It more than paid for itself.

Some have mentioned a weird taste due to the person before them using the flavors (IIRC, it was specifically a citrus flavor) Did you find that to be a problem with the water?

There are four in the Windjammer (two on one side of the room & two on the other side), two by Sorrentos, and one in the Wipe Out Cafe.

These are the only ones we found also. This was great for us as there were many more low-calorie options at the Freestyle machines. The soda 'guns' that are available a the bars will have limited flavors, and no flavor 'mix-ins'.

Note that once your cup is used, you must wait 15 minutes before refilling your drink. I inhaled a soda and tried to top it off before the 15 minute mark and got a message 'next soda refill available in x minutes (or seconds!:p) I would imagine that this is to prevent families from buying one soda package and trying to share with the whole family. The cups have some sort of magic thingy in the bottom that the machine reads in order to allow it to dispense sodas.

Cost for a 7 day cruise is $52.33.

You can pre-order and pre-pay, and the coke symbol will be pre-printed on your seapass. Your cup will be waiting in your stateroom.

You can order on the first day, there will be various stations around. Then you get a coke sticker on your card, and can choose your cup from at least 2 different designs (easier to tell them apart if you have more than one ordered), and don't have to wait for your stateroom to open to get to your cup- if you board early that could be one more soda- and at 7.50 a day including tip, that makes a difference.

The freestyle machines are a lot of fun if you like to try a variety of choices, especially if you are not on a port-intensive cruise. The more time you spend in port, the less you use your cup!

Archived