Wrinkle free....

macimoo1

Hi all, I leave Sunday on the Dawn and have a question about wrinkled clothes! I assumed we would have an iron in the room but after reading forum I understand that is not gonna happen. I have a luggage weight limit with airline so packing a steamer is not practical. I read that you may be able to use an iron for a little while? I watched a video on packing techniques but somehow I think that is only going to help a little.Any suggestions?

Thanks

I always worry excessively about wrinkled clothes too, but in all our cruises have never really needed to call for an iron. Have you tried those bags you squeeze or suck the air out of? They are fantastic at keeping clothes wrinkle free!

Hi, i buy this small can of "wrinkle free", $5 at Container Store. Lay your item out on the bed or a counter, lightly spray and using clean hands, press and smooth out, like using your hand like an iron. It works!!!

Hi all, I leave Sunday on the Dawn and have a question about wrinkled clothes! I assumed we would have an iron in the room but after reading forum I understand that is not gonna happen. I have a luggage weight limit with airline so packing a steamer is not practical. I read that you may be able to use an iron for a little while? I watched a video on packing techniques but somehow I think that is only going to help a little.Any suggestions?

Thanks

I always roll my clothes when I pack them they pack better and remain wrinkle free.

I never iron at home so I am certainly not going to on holiday LOL

Thanks

Even if you found room for your steamer... do not pack it. If found it could be confiscated. It is not a problem to borrow the iron.

You could try packing Downy Wrinkle Release. Just spray on. I pack it on every vacation, and never end up ironing.

Another vote for Downy's wrinkle release. I iron almost everything at home. I find clothes don't get too bad in packing if I take them out of the suitcase once I receive my luggage. This wrinkle spray definitely helps though.

Always roll our clothes. For my husband's and sons dress clothes (other lines than NCL), I use Eagle Creek packing folders (google). Nothing ever gets wrinkled. Of course, make sure everything is ironed to begin with. For a suit jacket, we keep in the plastic from the dry cleaner. Wrinkles happen when one fabric rubs against another, the friction causes the wrinkles. Also take a small travel size Downy Wrinkle release along just in case. The hot shower does work but takes time and then you have to deal with all the humidity in the cabin. We have been using carry ons for the last few years now and been away for weeks at a time.

My favorite is the vacuum bags that you roll or suck the air out with the vacuum. These saved me in my last trip when a liquid sanitizer spray with a VERY distinctive aroma leaked out completely inside my largest piece of luggage. :eek: My one skirt that was not in a bag had to be washed twice to remove the aroma to a wearable degree. My alluring nightclothes were a total loss for the duration of the trip. :o OK, so THAT wasn't so bad. ;)

You could try packing Downy Wrinkle Release. Just spray on. I pack it on every vacation, and never end up ironing.

This stuff really works well and takes up minimal room in your luggage. Also, as another poster or two mentioned, rolling your clothes makes a difference in wrinkle reduction. Also, you can fit more in your luggage, so it's a win-win. :D

My favorite is the vacuum bags that you roll or suck the air out with the vacuum. These saved me in my last trip when a liquid sanitizer spray with a VERY distinctive aroma leaked out completely inside my largest piece of luggage. :eek: My one skirt that was not in a bag had to be washed twice to remove the aroma to a wearable degree. My alluring nightclothes were a total loss for the duration of the trip. :o OK' date=' so THAT wasn't so bad. ;) [/size']

Hmm good to know these things really work. I have seen them, but never have actually used them. That's a shame about your alluring nightclothes, or not so much! lol

My last cruise in January was the best pack job ever! I started off with ironed clothing and for each layer of clothing in my suitcase I put 1 layer of tissue paper, then clothing, tissue paper, etc. I did not have 1 wrinkle! I had a lot of tissue paper from the holidays and thought I'd give it try. I will always pack this way from now on. There is a catch however, if your bags are gone through by TSA before the cruise no matter what you do it won't matter. My travel partner's bags were a mess!

I use the vacuum bags!!! Not sure the exact science behind it but they really work. I just got a pack of 6 for $14.99. Your clothes puff right up like they are freshly laundered when you open it! Saves space and keeps your clothes protected if there were any leaks!

Should have mentioned previously, make sure that you put the Downy Release in a little ziploc bag. The last few times I have flown, it did leak but I was happy it was in a bag.

Good idea! I use and take lots of extra zip lock bags with me. They have lots of uses while on vacation. :D

Archived