Transfer from IAH to Galveston

txbrad1978

I'm booked on the carnival magic 3/10 - 3/17. My flight arrives at IAH at 10:50am the day of embarkation. I purchased transfers through carnival. I've been on Galveston island during spring break and know how the traffic can be. I'm wondering if I will have enough time to make it to the ship. Arriving a day early isn't an option, our wedding is the day before.

I'm booked on the carnival magic 3/10 - 3/17. My flight arrives at IAH at 10:50am the day of embarkation. I purchased transfers through carnival. I've been on Galveston island during spring break and know how the traffic can be. I'm wondering if I will have enough time to make it to the ship. Arriving a day early isn't an option, our wedding is the day before.

A response from another thread:

Spring break traffic on the island is not a big issue relative to cruising traffic.

Traffic to terminal and cruise parking is on north side of island at port and

traffic of spring break is on south side of island at beach of Gulf of Mexico.

Summer has more traffic than spring break weeks anyway.

As you come over causeway to island the exit to Harborside for terminals and parking lots is before exits to go to beach which is in opposite direction of port.

The traffic on the island should not interfere with one another.

Freeway traffic on highways before the island are circumstantial to any issues on any freeway.

I45 has had continued major improvements in the last few years with attention to congested areas.

It is better and presently being improved.

It can get congested so travel at smart times.

Since you on cruise ship transfer

They will not leave without you!!!!

A response from another thread:

Spring break traffic on the island is not a big issue relative to cruising traffic.

Traffic to terminal and cruise parking is on north side of island at port and

traffic of spring break is on south side of island at beach of Gulf of Mexico.

Thanks for this! We're driving over from Seabrook and won't be able to leave until 11 at best, so the thought of traffic makes me nervous.

Eeeek. You are cutting it real close. If your flight is delayed you are pretty much out of luck. The airport is a good 70 miles from the port so you are looking at a good 1 1/2 ride to just get there.

Archived