Do you prefer the DOS on the Epic or Jade? (Gem class I guess)

barbja99

For those of you that have tried both, do you prefer the deluxe owner's suite on the Jade (or similar) or on the Epic? I think for the cabin itself and the overall experience of Haven and the ship itself.

I'm planning a vacation for 2014 so I'm also considering the Breakaway and Getaway. The DOS on those ships look cool, but at >$13k for 7 days, I'm not so sure. Unfortunately they don't show a floorplan for the OS and there's only one rendition (I don't think its a photo). What's up with that? I'm not booking a cabin where the bathroom has the view and w/o a floorplan I can't be sure. Just sayin.

At least on the Breakaway/Getaway I can get a penthouse or spa suite w/o my son having to watch me in the bathroom or vice versa. Oh my.

For those of you that have tried both, do you prefer the deluxe owner's suite on the Jade (or similar) or on the Epic? I think for the cabin itself and the overall experience of Haven and the ship itself.

I'm planning a vacation for 2014 so I'm also considering the Breakaway and Getaway. The DOS on those ships look cool, but at >$13k for 7 days, I'm not so sure. Unfortunately they don't show a floorplan for the OS and there's only one rendition (I don't think its a photo). What's up with that? I'm not booking a cabin where the bathroom has the view and w/o a floorplan I can't be sure. Just sayin.

At least on the Breakaway/Getaway I can get a penthouse or spa suite w/o my son having to watch me in the bathroom or vice versa. Oh my.

Haven't been on the Epic, but overall the Epic rooms are smaller. Looking at the DOS on Epic vs. Jade, the Jade's is 345 sg ft larger (mostly due to the balcony).

As far as the Breakaway/Getaway, you are correct. All the pictures I've seen for the OS are a copy of those from the DOS and some can't be for the OS based on the curves shown since they are in the middle, not the sides of the ship. Haven't figured out where the bathroom would be in the OS. This has been frustrating for folks.

I've only sailed in the Epic's DOS. #17004. I cannot recommend this room enough. It was our favorite room ever, not only for the space but the location! Forward on the port side, with amazing views. I would stay in this suite on every cruise if I could. I honestly think it's the best room on the Epic.

Here are some pics:

Not to mention access to the Epic's Haven area which far exceeds the Haven on Jewel class ships.

I've got to second CubeChick, Epic's 17004 is possibly my favorite vacation place in the world! I've never been on the Jewel-class ships, so I can't compare, but DH and I both agreed after our cruise in an equivalent cabin on another cruise line last week that we still love 17004 best of all... We are actually talking about calling our PCC just to find out when it's open because we long for it... :eek::eek::eek:

Archived