Orca Enterprises-Whales+/-Mendenhall

gemde

We are going to go with Capt Larry in July. 2 tours are offered- Whalewatching for $124 or whalewatching/Mendenhall Combo for $145. He recommends the combo, but gives no specifics. Can anyone help me??

After whale watching, they will drop you off at Mendenhall Glacier. You can then spend your time leisurely there and they will give you a voucher to take a shuttle back to downtown Juneau.

Whale watching and Mendenhall are on the same part of town, so it is best to combine the two as opposed to going back to town and then taking another shuttle out to the glacier.

Just google Mendenhall Glacier to see pictures or here is a link: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tongass/about-forest/offices/?cid=stelprdb5400800

IF you have any interest in seeing Mendenhall, this combo booking is ideal. You either get dropped off or picked up, depending on your times. Your time at Mendenhall is your own.

There is a very detailed website to take a look at, if you wish more information.

I highly recommend doing both. My DH and I did the combo tour in June 2012 and it was fantastic. The glacier is absolutely beautiful and you would regret missing it if you didn't do the combo. It may be a little more money but totally worth every cent! ;)

Archived