Delay at port of Tampa

macimoo1

Dawn docked at 3:40 pm approx.

Would be interesting to see what time she leaves tonight.

I'm sure Dawn will speed up the next two days to catch up to get to Roatan in time.

So if the Dawn normally docks at 8:00am and boarding stars about 11:30 then it would be logical to assume boarding will start around 7:15pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Been on both and after the major drydocks the Dawn wins. They learned from the mistakes on the Star. Spinnakers on the Star now a low windowless cave. On the Dawn they added tiers and lighten the space and keep a couple of windows. More of the new suites have balconies.

That said I am booked on the Star for 24 days this year. The one thing she has that the Dawn does not is a great Hotel Director team with Sean and Yannis. A great hotel staff and crew can overcome any shortcomings of the platform.

The only reasons I would pick the Star is that I enjoyed the Biergarten more than Bimini and the fact that we met some fun people from Bermuda and Florida at the martini tastings last January on the Star! LOL

Gary

The only reasons I would pick the Star is that I enjoyed the Biergarten more than Bimini and the fact that we met some fun people from Bermuda and Florida at the martini tastings last January on the Star! LOL

Gary

I would go the opposite on that. The Bimini as a grill and fresh cooked burgers and the Biergarten no longer has any food. The space is the same on both ships.

We are still on the Dawn. At 4 I woke up and you could hear the horns, but not see anything because the fog. At 7 the captain came on to say the port was closed to all incoming and outgoing ships. The earliest we would be in Tampa was 1. Later we received a written notice stating between 3 and 5. They have allowed people who are carrying their luggage to disembark, but keep calling people who need to go through immigration to meet in Aqua and that until this happened the other guests could not depart. They have just repeated the announcement, so we continue to wait. So I would say a 7 embarkation sounds about right, but since so few people have actually disembarked at this time, it could be even later.

Gary

Hello there!! When we booked the Dawn West Carib cruise (as last minute again) we thought of you and the couple from MD. Could not go in January this year as my passport was sent off for renewal - received it less than 2 weeks ago and we went ahead and booked the cruise.

We are planning a 2 weeks Breakaway (b2b) in Oct - last cruise to Bermuda and first cruise to Bahamas. Any chance of you joining us?? Would love to see you again.

The dense fog is back here. The Dawn may end up staying at the pier all night. :(

It is clear here in Palm Harbor but I have been wondering about the fog and if it would come back before they could sail! Didn't know about the tides either and whether they could sail under the bridge later tonight.

Tough way to start a cruise :(

And just that quickly the fog has rolled into Palm Harbor from the Gulf. It probably won't be long before it covers all of Tampa Bay......

And just as quickly roll out into the gulf in St Pete Beach. Hopefully everyone we head to sea tonight.

And just as quickly roll out into the gulf in St Pete Beach. Hopefully everyone we head to sea tonight.

Keeping fingers crossed for you! Someone from our Adventure OTS cruise next year is boarding today and I know she has been waiting patiently to board.

I feel so bad for everyone today.........that is not a good way to start! Hopefully everyone got on board and can start their vacation!!! Anyone here know who the cruise director and concierge are on the Dawn right now?

Best of luck everyone!

Leah

I feel so bad for everyone today.........that is not a good way to start! Hopefully everyone got on board and can start their vacation!!! Anyone here know who the cruise director and concierge are on the Dawn right now?

Best of luck everyone!

Leah

Ryan is the concierge and his last week before a vacation he will need.

They bused the waiting passengers to the Westshore Mall to clear the port. They look so happy pu2u6aby.jpg

Hello there!! When we booked the Dawn West Carib cruise (as last minute again) we thought of you and the couple from MD. Could not go in January this year as my passport was sent off for renewal - received it less than 2 weeks ago and we went ahead and booked the cruise.

We are planning a 2 weeks Breakaway (b2b) in Oct - last cruise to Bermuda and first cruise to Bahamas. Any chance of you joining us?? Would love to see you again.

Not sure about October yet but sailling to Bermuda on the Dawn 5/10. Lost your email so email us at gary6254@live.com

Gary

The Dawn has finally left the pier. Lot of late dinners tonight.

That is certainly good news! According to marine traffic she is sailing just ahead of the Legend - south of Ft Myers, FL. Hopefully, they will make all the ports :)

Archived