Are rooms above 24 hr restaurant noisy?

JimCo

My agent is trying to sell me a room on the Norwegian Jewel above the Blue Lagoon 24 hr restaurant.

The location is great but will it be noisy being right above it?

Also how noisy are the rooms right by the elevators?

Thanks.

No. It's jsut a "sit and eat" place. No music, etc. I doubt you'll hear it. Also, just because it's 24/7 don't expect many people there in the middle of the night :)

If your door faces into an elevator lobby you will get noise from inconsiderate people in the stairwells or waiting for the elevator. The front elevator lobby on 11 is a nightmare due to the teen and kid's club opening up into that area right above the stairs. I would stay away from that area. If you're a few doors away from the stairwell you won't notice it being any louder than a typical hallway location (unless you're in a corner somewhere)

Thanks.

I also wondered about balcony rooms that don't face an inside cabin.

Is there no inside cabin because that's where cleaning supplies/closets exist?

I've never had a noise problem on a cruise but I've read so many negative comments about specific places being noisy that I'm trying to be careful because I'll be cruising with a light sleeper this time.

My balcony choices are deck 9 - 9560-9564 which don't have inside rooms facing them, 9098 which is by the elevator but doesn't appear to directly face into the elevator lobby, or rooms right underneath Blue Lagoon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I dont think it will be noisy

You should definitely look at where you are staying and whats around you

Frineds stayed in a 2 family suite on deck 11 on the gem and you would hear pounding from above

It was weights being dropped at the gym

They didnt look before they book so the motto is

LOOK before you BOOK lol

The only thing I would add...is it MAY be noisy if over kitchen area of the 24 hour place...only saying that as I was once waiting for a pick up at the door to the kitchen in the Blue Lagoon and there was lots of "clanging" of posts and dishes and loud conversation.....otherwise the place itself was quiet...

I don't think the Blue Lagoon restaurant is a significant source of noise.

However, it overlooks the Atrium one deck below where there is music playing sometimes. We did get some of that noise in inside cabin 9603 on the Gem, but not in balcony cabin 9604.

If your door faces into an elevator lobby you will get noise from inconsiderate people in the stairwells or waiting for the elevator. The front elevator lobby on 11 is a nightmare due to the teen and kid's club opening up into that area right above the stairs. I would stay away from that area. If you're a few doors away from the stairwell you won't notice it being any louder than a typical hallway location (unless you're in a corner somewhere)

But isn't it the middle elevators, rather than the front elevators, that open to the kid's area?

Wouldn't I be better off closer to the front elevators, rather than the middle, to get from 9 to the pool area on 12?

Thanks for the advice.

Archived